Ab and Obs

Hey all...looking at mixing up abs and obs to cut and define more. I am playing with different work outs..but thought maybe you all could throw in a few pieces of wisdom! Gotta say there is a lot of crap out there for good ab work outs..coming from peeps who sit behind a desk and write up stuff in mags and online...

So..looking to you all with ton's of knowledge to help a girl out!

Thank you..you all rock!

SemperFi

Time and consistency has always worked. ;)

If your avi is your real picture I would say keep doing what your doing because its working. 

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

I personally use supersets with abs, sometimes giant sets hitting all the angles in one fell swoop. E.g. going from side cruch, to weighted inclines, to v crunch or some variation of leg lifts, take a short break and do it again till it burns. But, really, like SF said, time and consistency is key.

Thanks to both of you for the info. I have read no weights can be better than with weights but I have been doing no weights and with weights till the burn is incredible. I do a ton of burn outs as well on crunches..will go for an entire song as my goal for finish..no fail. 

M

Mister A

The secret to building an outstanding midsection is learning how to optimally contract the abs. Contracting the abdominals requires an absence of air in the diaphragm. Then shorten the distance between the sternum and the hips. Once in position, the best way to think of this contraction is to try to hug your spine with your abdominals. You can do this sitting down for the best results.

Awesome! Thanks Mister A! I have been training that way and find it takes a skill to learn! I am starting to see results...just want more! You know all of us BB...want to always improve and look 10+ 

SemperFi

I personally reached a new level in growth and development in my entire core when I incorporated sledgehammer training. In my personal observations women can benefit from this style of training greater than men because of the new level of stress it provides the body which allows for a greater range of adaptive development as compared to males.

Look at Brooke Ence. ;)

[[{"fid":"32533","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","link_text":null,"attributes":{"height":"280","width":"280","class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"}}]] 

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

I'm currently employing the snow shovel training method....

blastthru23

Did something like that building an earthship (house made of tires packed with dirt using none other than a heavy ass sledgehammer all day long!)

siegmund

they have a tire and sledge at my gym. , i stay away from it because i swing the friggen thing enough busting crete ..

but.arnt you suppose to try to stop the sledge from bouncing back up ? and that actually works core strenght .??

SemperFi

Higher risk of injury doing it that way. 

As the ol' War Dogs of MG we got to make sure we stay healthy so we can keep an eye on these pups. ;)

SEMPER FI