Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothyroidism

Collapse
X
Collapse
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X3 & +3 excellent info! Thank you little k

Comment

No problem, guys. I was happy to share. 

Comment

I know studies are showing that the .4 or .5 range that is deemed the "low end"  is actually lower than preferred.  Just like moving the high end down the low end is coming up.  The issue is that few people complain that they have an overactive thyroid.  As a teen I was wrestling 103 pounds as a sophmore. Not a hair on my nuts.  dr acknowledged over active thyroid and i had growth hormone treatments.  Kicked me into puberty.  

Now as an old man I have a reading of .94 I am beginning to believe more that this is pushing the bottom end as well.

Comment

I got my routine blood work results back last week. My thyroid seems to have taken a plunge. My TSH came in at 5.82 mU/L and my Free T4 is still only at 1.0 ng/dL. My doctor is concerned there is more than just hypothyroidism at play so I am going for an ultrasound of my thyroid. Hopefully everything comes back normal on that. If not, we will be testing for anti-thyroid antibodies to rule out any autoimmune disorders like Hashimoto's or Graves'. 

Comment

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5222856/

This study and many more have shown the hormonal effects contest prep has on natural competitors. Decreased thyroid function is one of the things we expect to see in women competitors during contest prep.

Adhering to the thoroughness of your physician is paramount, of course. Only after more threatening possibilities are eliminated can we attempt to conclude the decrease is the result of significant reductions in body fat in a short period of time.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this study. It was an eye-opening and educational read that I'm sure I'll look to again in the future. For now, prep is continuing as is because I'm seeing great progress. Ultrasound is Saturday morning and my belief is that nothing is wrong with me. I'm just kicking ass at getting lean.

My dosage of levothyroxine has been increased to 50mcg for the next 12 weeks. Working on finding a maintenance dose.

Comment

Hypothyroidism may not cause noticeable symptoms in the early stages. Over time, untreated hypothyroidism can cause many health issues, such as joint pain, obesity, heart disease, and infertility.

Comment

Working...
                X