Blood work timing on TRT?

LiquidFlorian

Hello everyone.  I'm 39 so I figured I would ask here.  Long story short; I'm restarting a TRT treatment on my own after loosing my health coverage.  I wanted to know if I should buy the labs for blood work now or wait a month or two into this and then do it?  

So far I'm about a month and a half off of T so I don't think it would be worth while to do now before I start, but I would love everyone's feed back. 

SemperFi

If I was in your position I would have a full male hormone panel done before restarting.

SEMPER FI 

LiquidFlorian

SemperFi said:
</p><p>If I was in your position I would have a full male hormone panel done before restarting.</p><p>SEMPER FI </p><p>
</p><p>I started yesterday, I couldn't stand it.  I think I will run a full male panel after the next dose next week and start tracking my numbers in a spreadsheet or something like that.  Then I think quarterly checks should do the trick, my former doc used to do it that way.   Thanks Devil Dog! </p><p> </p>

SemperFi

That is a very good plan brother since you have already started. I don't blame you for jumping back on. We all know that crummy low T feeling.

I do quarterlies when on strict TRT and I do a full panel at least once a year.

SEMPER FI

swolesam

Having a benchmark is important to know your "all natural" levels without any influence. When you were on TRT in the past, did you keep all the lab work details year after year and jot them into excel or something ? If you have, then you pretty much have your bench mark set and you know where you natural levels are, then 2-3 months down the line you can go get a panel to see where your TRT regimn is taking you. Unless of course you hit any obstacles (sides, dont feel good,...) in the meantime then lab work would be a good move.

LiquidFlorian

Yes, getting my labs done through quest, they have a online portal that saves the records.  My "natural" level was 184ng/dl when I wasn't lifting 3 times a week and eating a ketogenic diet and in the 300s when I was.