Bodybuilding - Drugs Relationship.

quentin

I'd like to see your opinions here.
So, what do you think about the relation bodybuilding - drugs (I mean sedatives,lcd,Vicodin)
I am reading on lots of sources that bodybuilders are often using pain killers, relaxants ,sedatives and other drugs.
I'd like to know what do you think about this, do you use them or have ever used andif yes, then what is the cause?

hayabusa

professional athletes use pain killers as well as prescription anti-inflammatorys to help their mask injuries etc. some use prescription sleep aids to help with insommnia and get better rest....if you were a pro, you'd do whatever it takes to be the best you can be....
i have used valium for insommnia, but only if its really bad

Wizard

honestly, mirijuana is my drug... there have been some sort of linking to bodybuilding and drugs... one case i do remember reading on was this extremely powerful drug called nubain which was used to treat severe pain.. and a bodybuilder recalls it being widely used by other bodybuilders.. according to what he said he mentioned that it is extremely addicting and when he injected himself with it to try it.. he started hallucinating and just felt like dying... he said that if his wife hadn't slapped him in the face he felt he probably would never snap out of it.... anyways im sorry imk explanations are always shitty.. read up on that its an interesting drug, which i would never recommend to any one

here are the side affects

CNS Effects: Nervousness, depression, restlessness, crying, euphoria, floating, hostility, unusual dreams, confusion, faintness, hallucinations, dysphoria, feeling of heaviness, numbness, tingling, unreality. The incidence of psychotomimetic effects, such as unreality, depersonalization, delusions, dysphoria and hallucinations has been shown to be less than that which occurs with pentazocine

Raffy

I used to be a pothead when I was in high school but now I'm going on 26 right now and I'm done with all that. I know alot of people (bodybuilders) like to use things to help them sleep at night like what rob was saying which is fine. I wish I had some with the tren I'm taking. I take meletonin to help me sleep sometimes.