chicken and rice mfers!!

Tlift

Just wondering what type of sauces you guys use to make your chicken and rice more enjoyable. I'm really looking for some teriyaki or chinese sauce but it seems all i can find is marinades which I don't believe you can eat without cooking? ((I'm an idiot when it comes to cooking))

blastthru23

Marinate the chicken breasts then bake the fuckers. If the breasts are thick the 420 degrees for 40 minutes. If they are smallish 405 for 35 minutes. If you like garlic, crush some and spread it over the meat at say the 20 minute to go mark. Salt is a nice addition too. 

strong

I butterfly my chicken and pound it out with a mallet. My spices and herbs consist of Fresh garlic, grated onion, Italian parsley and rosemary along with a little salt & pepper in olive oil. Let it marinate for 4 hrs or so and 4 or 5 minutes on each side of a burning hot grill.  Good every time. I avoid bottled marinade. Too much crap in there to give it a long shelf life...

SemperFi

Curry and peanut sauce go very well with chicken. I even smoked some almonds and cashews seasoned in curry powder and add it to my chicken stir fry.

When in doubt grill the chicken outdoors over high heat....that is NEVER wrong!

SEMPER FI

strong

I never get sick of it. i'd say that's the protein in 20 of my meals a week. Its very important to mash the shit out of that fresh garlic and slightly salt it. You will see the clove sweat. Then its money time.. I love garlic...

strong

OOOh yes, I've been on a curry kick. I've been adding it to my Jasmine rice. so good and good for you..

SemperFi

Sprinkle it on grilled avacodo and add your jasmine.... add a small amount of orange zest as a finisher...$$$$$$

SEMPER FI

calmb4dastorm

Don't feel like firing up the grill, I fillet my chicken breasts, put a little grape seed oil in the skillet,heat it up, season chicken with onion and garlic powder, and a dash of nature's way seasoning and go in on the stove. Nice, seared juicy....

Dolf

I love cooking my meats over charcoal with wood soaked in water. Smoke adds excellent flavor. My favorite woods are mesquite, pecan, hickory, and apple.

Hmmm...I wonder if smoked meats cause cancer in the state of California? Luckily I have no worries since I don't live there.

Dolf

I make a sauce with fat free Italian dressing, balsamic vinegar, and raw honey. I put 2 cups Italian dressing, 12 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, and two teaspoons raw honey in a sauce pan. Bring it to a boil over medium heat, and the simmer it for a couple minutes over low heat. It goes good in the rice and over the chicken.

Tlift

wow that sounds great, I think i'm going to have to try this. Because I just crock pot all my chicken so I am looking for a nice healthy sauce that I can just pour over it when I'm ready to eat. I was thinking soy sauce but that's a ton of salt

Big Nasty

Lots of good ideas on here Im adding to my chicken. I use a seasoning called Cavenders. Its a greek all purpose seasoning and its great on beef, chicken, and deer. My favorite grill seasoning bar none. Also the typical Italian Dressing marinading in chicken is still hard to beat over the grill. 

srslybig

I smoke 5 whole chickens covered in salt pepper garlic and fresh herbs on Sunday. For chicken breasts to be very moist and tender I will sometimes let them marinate in coconut milk overnight Season to you liking and you e got a great dish. Another favorite is a garam masala curry chicken. 

3CC

I've been using Goya Adobo seasoning on mine. Taste good. Always looking for different ways to make chicken taste amazing. Good thread.

blastthru23

I am so damn sick of chicken right now, and can hardly choke the stuff down whatever the seasoning. I think I am going to have to start marinating it at this point. Been eating beef, tuna, and tilapia for a week or so. Tuna and tilapia just plain suck, but its better than chicken right now. So, here's what I am going to do: Get the chicken, throw it in an oven bag filled with white wine, broth and onions and marinate it for a few days or so. Dump the marinade, and bake in the bag. This may work. This week tho is ground turkey with enchilada or fajita seasoning on it. 

SemperFi

Carnitas with Dizzy Pig seasoning(s). DP has a line of seasons that I love. Their pineapple version is excellent on grilled avocado.

SEMPER FI