Clearing Receptors

milkin

There is much confusion when it comes to understanding the actual mechanics behind the Androgen receptor gene (AR) and exactly what their relationship is to androgens. This is a simplified explanation of what happens when you introduce androgen hormones into your system and how your body processes them. Let’s start with the following definitions:

•  A receptor is a protein molecule usually found inside or on the surface of a cell that receives chemical signals from outside the cell

• Androgen receptor gene (AR) provides instructions for making a protein called an androgen receptor and allows the body to respond appropriately to hormones. The receptors are present in many of the body's tissues, where they attach (bind) to androgens.

• Androgens are hormones, like testosterone, that are responsible for sexual development before birth and during puberty.

• Up-regulation An increase of a cellular component (Or activity).

• Down-regulation is the process by which a cell decreases the quantity of a cellular component ( Or activity)

Androgen receptors are protein molecules that are part of a cell and receive chemical signals from outside the cell via the process of binding. The receptors are present in many of the body's tissues, where they attach (bind) to androgens. The chemical signal would be in the form of testosterone or other androgenic/anabolic derivatives of testosterone and this binding process activates the receptor. When these types of chemicals bind to a receptor, the cell responds by activating several other genes that cause muscle growth. So in summary of the above definitions a receptor binds to testosterone or a androgenic/anabolic derivative thus activation the receptor rendering it active. Once active, it signals other genes that cause muscle growth to occur through increased synthesis of specific protein levels in cells. The technical read can be found here. Now let’s look at this from a more understandable point of view.

Ever hear of the term “Busy Bee”? Sure you have and a bee colony is a perfect example of how receptors function. There are three members that make up a bee hive community.

• The Queen BEE - She is the boss and her job is to reproduce and make more bees. It’s a woman’s world in the Bee hive community.

• The DRONE BEE – His sole purpose of existence is to hook up with the Queen for reproduction.  After that, the poor fellow dies off, hope it was good.

• The WORKER BEE – This bee is responsible for gathering nectar and bringing it back to the hive only to transfer it to other worker bees that process and store it in the hive segments. The hive worker bees we shall call “In-House Bees”.

The Process

•  The worker bee goes out and gathers nectar form flowers, fills his stomach, and returns back to the hive to make a deposit. This process we shall call the introduction or INJECTION of steroids.

• Once back to the hive, the worker passes off the nectar to another worker bee that then “processes” it and stores it into a segment of the honeycomb. This process we shall call the binding.

• After the nectar is processed by the in-house worker bee, it is then placed into segments of the honeycomb where the process of Up-regulation or activation occurs. These results increase synthesis of messenger RNA, which signals ribosomes to produce specific proteins. Translation = BUILD MORE MUSCLE.

When you inject testosterone or it’s androgenic/anabolic derivative, it is similar to having worker bees enter the hive. They are very busy bees and on a mission to drop their load of nectar and get back to work. This all works out fine as long as the In-house bees are available to offload the nectar for them. This is considered a happy hive and in terms of androgen reception it is called Up-regulation or activation as described above. A problem arises when there are not enough in-house worker bees to offload the incoming deliveries of nectar. For example, if the hive was to suddenly get swarmed by all the worker bees and their loads, there wouldn’t bee enough in-house bees to effectively offload them and send them back out for more. The delivery bees would have to stand-by and wait on line before they can begin their transfer process. This is in reference to long cycle peroids or not enough time between cycles where receptors do not have enough time to "Clear" and  is what occurs when androgen receptors become “Saturated” and is referred to as Down-regulating. Now I use the term “Saturated” loosely since this is very much the topic of debate. Are the receptors actually saturated to the point where they cannot process any more of the steroid ? Or are they just overworked due to the increased work load, meaning more compounds/nectar then can be effectively processed ? That shall remain up for debate but the common dominator here is the decrease in binding of the receptors.

Time off is mandatory in the “Receptor Clearing Process”. Jumping back on a cycle without proper time off not only snubs your recovery but will not allow your receptors to clear. Speeding up your metabolic rate will speed up receptor clearing, it’s like hiring more in-house bees to help offload the incoming nectar so take the time to recover and let those receptors clear.

siegmund

Great read bro ,,, and a hell of a way of getting your point across  ... Much knoldge gained there ... Was a little lost till you threw the bee s in there 

Semper Fi

Well done Milken...... How do us TRT guys know when we have had enough time off from a "cycle".  Im my case how long off when I am taking 150mg per week?  Assmunig we are all different what is good base/duration to to start at?

Also, does switching compounds have an effect on "Time off"?  Or in my case "Down time"?

SF

milkin

Good question SF. Us trt folk have that constant nectar drip so what does that do to receptors and do they ever clear ? I would say yes granted cycles are kept within reason meaning avoiding long drawn out 16-2o week runs that leave you feeling like a wet sponge. That's why most trt people blast and cruise. Shorter cycles with short compounds are easier to recover/drop back down to cruise levels.

milkin

As for switching compounds, again i would say no since androgen receptors have that one job of binding regardless of what they are binding to.

Semper Fi

Coincides with other popular opinions.....

After having my ass kicked by Tren I want something EZ on me :)

Thinking Primo ATM.  Little to no sides with HIGH AR Binding ...... Just a little gain and hopefully

some slimming down on BF.  But if I am going to Blast Primo - Think I should go on an 8 week Oral?

Say 600mg per week?

Been Cycling GHRP-2/CJC-1295 No Dac - Morning/Nights and IGF DES Post WO....... Results are slow but I can see them happening fnally.  Sleep well but HUNGRY all the time - Still a nice change from Tren,  Calves (Geneticaly small) and Shoulders are where I hit the DES and they look much fuller...... LOL they pass the mirror test anyway :)

borsuczek

Thanx. I could 've done wrong to proceed with 12 week deca cycle now after 4 weeks of t bol and4 weeks of var....

milkin

I am glad you all took something away from this write. Along with other forums of interest, you can save it to your "Favorites folder" by selecting the heart below. Keeping notes and forums of interest are mandatory as we all continue to learn from each other. Researching source's is only a portion of what we are about here since reviews, discussion forums, and interaction with the community make up for far more then that. For those who stay active and share their experiences/knowledge, we salute you for that is the very reason for our existance  here.

A

Amazingmonkey1

Yeah good read...guess I understand why they say doing a certain chemical for 6 months changes the  Chemical balance in the brain for a very very very long time 

blastthru23

Most chemicals do, especially hormones since they stay active much longer than chemicals acting primarily as neurotransmitters