Clomiphene Citrate (Clomid) - A Testosterone Therapy Alternative for Men with Low T

t-rex

Hey Guys,

I'm a 45 year old healthy male , but about 3 years ago I had a bout with Low-T.  At the time I was working out seriously 5 days a week, eating right and making nice gains in the gym.(285 bench and 365 squat)  But out of nowhere I began to feel very lethargic throughout the day, and my mental focus was horrific.  I had little to no energy and felt exhausted in my home office daily.  I started to lose strength gains at the gym and my BF increased.  I knew something was amiss, so I scheduled an appt w/ my Dr. and she did some BW and my T-Levels came back at 190.  She referred me to an Endo and he explained to me what my options were:

1. Androgel type medicine( Creams and Gels)
2. Test E or C injections
3. Clomid

He basically told me the gels and creams were popular but had poor results for the most part.  Test injections had a higher success rate but this would be a MAJOR commitment.  Clomid was a way in which I could "reboot" my system/body into producing test again at normal levels, and all it would take is doing 3 cycles(20days on 10 days off).  No needles, vials or creams just a small 50 mg pill taken once a day.  After 3 months if my levels didn't come back to normal range, we would discuss Test injections.  Luckily for me after 3 mths of Clomid, my Test Levels came back at 550+ and I got my life back!   The quality of my life and well being were back to normal and then some.

The reason for this post is because I'm reading a lot about people here rushing into TRT.  TRT is pinning test for the rest of your natural life.  For some it can be no problem and effective, but for others it can be an emotional rollercoaster.   Clomid is super simple and effective,  and is quickly becoming a 1st choice recommendation from a lot of Endo's.  If you suffer from Low-T don't just get 1 Endo's opinion......this is your body and your future health and well being that are on the line here!  See at least a couple of Endo's and then weigh your options.  Remember pinning Test is a WEEKLY LIFE LONG COMMITMENT to NEEDLES, VIALS, OFFICE VISITS, and POSSIBLY MORE. 

I'm attaching an extremely informative link about Clomid for Low-T from an Endocrinologist.   I hope it can be of help to anyone with Low-T or is at a crossroads for treatment. 

shiramillermd.com/blog/clomid-men-testosterone-alternative.html

Good Luck-
T-Rex

Outlawthing

+1 bro good post  I like the advice of getting more than one  docs opinion I went through 4 of them before I found the right one

Schoolboy

Thanks Bro. It's good to know someone out

there, thinks like I do. We have similar stories,

and results as well. Did your Doc mention HCG ?

Blahblah

I wrote a post not too long ago asking about using Clomid recreationally as a natural test booster.  This is exactly what I had been thinking!

Will you continue to cycle the clomid, or now that the system has been jump started,  do you think you will be good to go for a few years? 

Nice post t-rex! I started trt a few months ago (test c) and was wondering if anybody had a successful restart with clomid. My doc didn't even mention it. I feel a lot better, but pinning weekly for the rest of my life seems a little much (only 34yrs old). I will have to do some more research on this topic. Thanks for the info.   

t-rex

no problem ....check out the link its very informative and then see a few endo's.  Keep in mind all my PR's in the gym came while cycling Clomid.  Its also on the banned substance list for most professional sports.......I wonder why(LOL)

t-rex

I'll cycle Clomid anytime I start to feel soft.....a few misc cycles throughout the year just to maintain

Blahblah

Here's something:
pharmpro.com/news/2015/10/fertility-drug-vs-topical-gel-men?et_cid=4908183&et_rid=45505988&location=top

Ram

Sounds like my story bro. I had no idea my test was low... I always feel lethargic even still because I suffer from PTSD and can't sleep nights!

But I chose to pin, and run my clomid too.. and HCG, Gotta get the levels right and keep them right..

Ram

Sounds like my story bro. I had no idea my test was low... I always feel lethargic even still because I suffer from PTSD and can't sleep nights!

But I chose to pin, and run my clomid too.. and HCG, Gotta get the levels right and keep them right..

Outlawthing

I'm glad the clomid help some of you guys but it didn't work for me tried twice couldn't get test levels above 300 even at 100 per day and 50 mg per with nolvadex it depends on wether you have a real medical prob or your boys have just gotten lazy