Clorella

ramdisck

I just got me a pound of powdered Chlorella. It appears to be a very beneficial protein. I am adding it to my yogurt refrigerator oatmeal. 2 tablespoons of that and spirulina.  Chlorella is said to help bring up white blood cells and help immune system too.  I'll update after a couple weeks.

Anyone have experience with it?

R

ruxgear

The only experience I have had is that it tastes like crap! I guess a taste for it can be acquired but I have trouble adding enough other ingredients to bury the taste.

ramdisck

So far I haven't noticed any taste. other than a little gritty. I am fighting a little cold and am stuffed up tho.  If I can choke down a pound of nasty cottage cheese every day this will be easy.

ramdisck

I figured I'd give an update even though this topic didn't spark too much interest.  I've been adding 1 - 2 tablespoons Spirulina and Chlorella to my breakfast.  At that concetration i gag when it hits my tongue.  I have a pound of each.  Spirulina has it's nutrition labeled as one ounce to one serving so 16 servings to by bag.  The bag is huge.  In order to gain enough nutrients I have to eat like a quarter cup.  IMO it's not worth it.  Chlorella, however is 45 servings to the bag and it has a ton of zinc some protein and other great nurients in it.  I'll be keeping that in the mix for a while.  I did have to switch from a plain greek yogurt to a sweetened version to not throw up after a couple mouth fulls. 

swolesam

dude, why are you torturing yourself? Spirulina extract pills are available so you dont have to be tasting & choking on it. You down the pills , plenty of water & its done.

I guess im trying to understand whats the goal here?

ramdisck

With Spirulina it's pointless.  Even if you look at 500mg tabs you need to take 6 at once to get a fraction of it's health benefits. It was a test.  Chlorella, however, can be taken in small doses and will give you the nutients quickly.  The point was to add it to something i eat everyday hoping i wouldn't notice the difference.  If i drop a couple teaspoons in its fine, but in order to get one "serving" an ounce of spirulina is a TON.  .4 ounce of chlorella is almost undetectable.

swolesam

i see. Well, i try to do the things that would give me the biggest bang for my buck - health wise. I add Maca Powder, Cocoa powder, Flax seeds to my shakes + the amino acids, ...etc. 

You still doing the gynormous amounts of cottage cheese at night? Dude, are you lactose intolerant ? Was thinking bout the thread you were asking about going too often to the bathroom, and thinking maybe dairy aint the best option for you. Just a thought.

Ermahgerd

Spirulina gives me the shits, just in case anyone needed to know that ;-P 

I have some greens supplements but I just try to eat as many different veggies as possible. I will have to research a bit more on the micronutrient aspect of chlorella. Thanks :)