Deteriating tab quality

3rd_levelup

Who thinks the quality of tabs deterrioate in time ? You know like when they start to get dry and crumbly. Most Pharmaceutical meds are good for a year after their expiration date and the manufacturer does state that the potency will start to decline after that time. Hell I had some prescription Xanax they was three years past the expiration and they still knocked me the hell out. 

I keep my tabs in a sealed prescription vial with one of those desiccant packs in them. After time, the dessicant pack take on moisture but simply put in drive from a day or so and it will draw the moisture right back out. 

Input on this topic ?

Outlawthing

I have mixed emotions about that I found some pain meds from a procedure I had like five years ago the pill itself looked pretty rough but it put me down and out all the same.  they may lose some potency but I can't see them not working to some degree

3rd_levelup

I agree too. As long as they are sealed they should hold most of their potency. I mean it's not like the compound evaporates or anything, its psyical structure just changes by gettting crumbly and the edges chip. And look at caps, this don't happen with caps heck they are sealed. 

Nytex

I took some antibiotics that were a year past expiration and had a bad reaction, red skin blotches.  Im guessing it depends on the ingredient. On the whole I would tend to think moisture and sunlight are the two biggest enemies though. Capsules seem to hold up well but I have noticed they get brittle like an egg shell when they are old.

A

Axle

think that I depends on the ingredient that is mixed in the tab.  product itself is stored properly will not go bad, moisture and sunlight are you worst enemies.  If I still have tabs left over after cycle I always Vacuum seal mine, and put them up. I have taken stuff after a couple of years and still seem just as good.   Summary- If stored properly I believe tabs will last for years there is no proof to back this up  though this is only my opinion.

csancheezy

vaccuum sealing them is where its at man. I had a dude who used to move alot of pills and he would seal them and they were always good lol;)