Do you consider BodyBuilding a Sport and does it make you an Athlete???

D

Dont_trip

Simple answer from me No.....What are your opinions?I am speaking of bodybuilding and on stage...No disrespect to anyone here just simple asking a question....

D

dolfanshan

Not a sport IMO. However I do view strongman and crossfit comps as a sport.

Bigstick_00

I think it can be considered a sport, but it doesn't make us athletes. To be more specific, everybody can lift weights and reach attainable goals, but not everybody can lace up cleats and smack helmets on Sunday or hit a baseball 450ft! It's like bowling, which is considered a sport, but those guys are definitely not athletes! Lmao, maybe a bad analogy!

N

noveskeelite

A sport is defined as anything you compete in. So yes and yes. I am a powerlifter but I do respect bodybuilders. Takes tremendous dedication to compete.

Standingup

So is Chess a sport ? Is a spelling bee a sport ? Im not sure but my ego tells me Im a pro at everything including pulling my Johnson !!!

Turning 40

Compare it for example to the 100m sprint (which most people consider a sport). The level of dedication to their sport is similar. The spread of abilities is just as wide, from local clubs to international level. The judging is different, subjective based on visual appearance (but then so is diving, dancing, gymnastics).
So, on balance, I'd say "Yes"