Do you know who you are talking to on a P.M. ?

milkin

Friends,

It has one to our attention that several existing members are hitting up new members via PM promoting a specific source. This is in direct violation of our rule since you are now acting as a source rep. Do not get caught up in this. Furthermore, you have no ides who you are talking to and may be paving the way for a nice vacation behind bars. This is a review site not a drug store so be warned because the person you are talking to in that PM many have future plans for you. 

Just to clarify, source discussion in PM does NOT violate the rules. We would however like to see more source feedback in the Q&A section.

Standingup

Hmm I will have to be careful because admittedly I have perhaps fallen in to this category too.  I thought it was ok to say who we were using in PM , but I will heed the warning. Thanks for looking out

milkin

There have been instances  where members have been approached by other members asking them to walking through the ordering process by ordering products for them. there's more to it but that's the short version.

Bigstick_00

I am guilty of asking about legitimate sources, but have not asked another member thru pm about how to purchase or the process. The sources make that part pretty simple. Wouldn't be surprised tho if there were creepers...LE...on our site!!!

milkin

IIt's like this guys,

Specifically when new members join and immediately ask for a good source and another member invites them to a p.m. a promote their favorite source.  It kind of defeats the whole purpose of the ranking system. Members are supposed to do their research, read the reviews, and leave their own reviews.  members should be asking questions under the Q&A section of whatever source they are interested in. Not through PMs. it's just not ethical. New members rely heavily on these reviews. this is all relative to our site motto of being a honest review site. If I pulled in every new member to a p.m. and promoted a specific source, that source would remain on top forever. It's just not right. And its not fair to the other sources either. If other members try to influence new members to jump on a certain source, it kind of makes them look like a source rep. Which is in violation of the rules. Now with that being said, we asked members to use their best judgement. That's what we're saying here. it is best to post all the source experiences under the source page, this way others can find what they need when doing the research about that source. 

N

noveskeelite

I totally understand being suspicious of someone brand new first post immediately asking for a good source. But I don't see anything wrong with discussing a source through PM with someone who's been around. I don't make deals through pm but I will discuss sources and give my thoughts and experiences regarding those sources. 

N

noveskeelite

And there's more to finding good sources than just simply weather they are top dawg based on reviews. But generally it's a good start.

I can name a few good sources who are totally unknown based on review rankings here that are actually very very good sources

Bigstick_00

I'm fine with that. The source ratings and everything else makes sense. It's up to us to research the sources, read reviews, and make a decision from that info. I can only vouge for a few sources listed on this site as I have used them. The 3 I used were all researched here and are legitimate. I can also see the other side about the PM's too! I'm not a source rep. Some guys spend a lot of money on gear, and how do we know sources or reps aren't paying people for positive reviews? I would hope things like this don't happen, but in this world you never know. I personally don't want to see guys getting ripped off or scammed out of there cash either. I like the relationships I have on here and appreciate the help I've been given, for that, thank you everyone!

milkin

This is in reference to members pulling other members into a pm for the reason of promoting a specific source. That's all. Again, if I grab every new member into a p.m. And told him that source XYZ was the best source out here, that would wrong since I would be acting as a source rep. If you want to high five your favorite scr amongst your buddies then that's a different story than what we are talking about here.

milkin

Hit up their Q&A forum bro and start a blog. Just to clarify Nove, it is not against the rules to discuss sources in a pm. Not at all. Rather it is about members acting as source reps in open forum. That's all. Most do not recognize this but it does happen and those who do it are notified. 

Standingup

I also think this is a case of wording being crucial.   If someone says " place your order with Joes lab "  then that's really steering them , if you said " I have ordered from Joes lab and had good luck "   that doesn't seem so bad.

Another option might be to say to the member whos asking " Take a look at who Ive reviewed and you can see who I use "

I understand the whole premise of the review site, but we also must remember what a daunting task this is for someone whos never done it , from simply ordering right down to paying. Shit I had never ever used any of the payment methods before in my life and I remember the first time I sent off several hundred dollars. All I could do was keep my fingers crossed .

N

noveskeelite

Yeah most new people are extremely skeptical about ordering online. I know I was. Shit I still am to an extent.

milkin

It is OK stand but there have been instances where members are pulling newcomers i and recommending a specific source. There more to it but I know you get it.

siegmund

Really thougjt a lot about this ,3 days before posting ,,and I guess I see the point of it the more I think and I guess my mind has changed ,:(

1) I enter act a lot with bros pm,,maybe to many ,,no more

2) when asking for help I guess I jump on that quick ,because it was me ,many moons ago,,but I was ,humiliated and pushed to the curn, so I made a vow to help but I guess in me trying to help to much ,maybe I got sloppy ::((

3)I didn't know either source disscussion wasn't allowed but it is allowed now ,,well how about when a op asks who you use ,how has your exp. Been with them ,blah blah ,,because I good a good experience with the source now that makes me a rep for them ???? 

4) lol I find it hard to believe ,that a bro ,would make a order for someone he don't know ,,,I just cannot even pitcher this that's like meeting someone on the street and them giving you money ,I go cop weed come out hand it to op ,,this I don't believe I would need to see the prof I'm sorry ,I just can't grasp someone being so stupid.

5) in my discussions I have guided a op,on order process ,, my reasoning was I know how stressful and nervous ,I was did I do it right ,,, !!  But no need to worry ,,I'm done no more charity ,its better that way !!

6) you know ,I brought a lot to the board ,it was called human compassion ,,I'm no compound wizz ,oh I know what I need to know and some ,but I'm not a cooker ,nor do I want to be ..

7) you know this sport ,this love ,the iron the aas ,,there is so MUCH more than just reviewing and ordering and using ,,there comes a lifestyle ,and emotions ,and ups and downs and sometime jellously and other times infection ,or organ strain ,,and just everyday living life ..

8) well I brought all that to the board ,I put my heart my skill my time ,into the site and the bros here ,,sometimes I had to humble my self to share personal info ,or others embarrass my self to get a point across ,but one thing that was true ,was my growth and my compassion for helping others 

9) I most likely put to much time in Here ,but I will promise this with the variety ,my compassion ,my love of the sport ,I kept the brothers active ,and thinking ALL the time ,with me sharing my experience ,,maybe did I save a marriage a life ,,a child ,,a bro from making my mistake and a bad decesion ,20 years later,... I didn't say this stuff to here myself talk ,, or make my self look like something ,my gods what's a 20 going to be proud of that ,,,no I said it humilitated myself to save another .

10 ) but NP,no more pm ,,, for me ,,actually there's not going to be to much anything me ,anymore ,, like I said I talk about the most important side of AAS ,,and that's keeping the family ,, the life the health ,the mind the soul ,, etc

11) who can't talk compound all day ,beating a dead horse ,as far as I'm concerned ,but hey who aso I'm guilty of source discussion ,like I said won't ,happen agion ,while I'm at it ,I do have one more thing to say which has been driving me nuts !! There was a certain mod ,that guided me ,helped me ,went out of his way for me ,that I respected ,that I couldn't wait for the feed back from him ,,why you kick me to the curb bro??? Did I do something wrong to you???   I'm asking bro ,,its obvious ??? If I offend you in any way I apologize , I'm where I'm at today because of you , But for months I would wait for something from you and ,,no responce ,maybe I'm over thinking as usual but it bothers me so I spoke my mind  ??? And its true bro go back and look ,,I been checking these the last days also ,,, but myself nothing but respect for you ,,and while I'm writing this I just thought of something ,I certain bro ,was grinding me on pm ,busting my balls as to how to contact a certain person ,and I truly do remember now ,I got pissed and said ,well I don't do that I do this !!!!! And if so that is the case ,, yes ,we need to be careful , and like I just maybe I did slip up and mention something mfer ,but I see the point I do ,, easy solution ,NO more pm ,period , but I think everyone here knows my character ,and where my heart lies ,,well if I was involved in this in anyway ,,I apologize and it won't happen agion ,,,nothing but respect for you brother

milkin

CLARIFICATION NEEDED.

This posfowas posted with the intent to steer new members in the right direction when researching sources. We want to hold up to our motto of being a "Honest Review Site" and we owe it to our members and our hard working sources to achieve this. ALL other review sites would royally flame if a newbie popped up asking who is the best source. Other members would bark at them informing them to do their own research ! Thans all we are asking is to let new members go through the proper protocol when researching sources.

Apparently this got misinterpreted, source talk and PM's are allowed While source talk in the open forum is not.

N

noveskeelite

Original post was misinterpreted because you made zero mention of anything related to open forums. Only after the post was questioned did you mention open forums.