Fixed back

Bigstick_00

Last year I screwed up my back and it wiped me out for a long time. i ended up have 3 bulged disks in my back. I think the injury occurred from getting back up from the bench while doing military press. Anyway I got my last procruder done today. It's called radio frequency ablation. The doc put 4 needles in my back deep enough to reach the facet joints. After those r in they insert electrodes through the needles to burn nerve endings to semi kill them. This is done under sedation so I feel pretty good right now. I can't wait to get back in the gym so I can start doing dead lifts again and squats!

N

noveskeelite

Be very careful with your technique man. It was more than likely responsible for your injury in first place. I have a slightly bulging disc in my lower back. After heavy deadlift days bending over for a couple days sucks pretty bad. Squats and deads are great just make sure your doing them correctly. Message me if you want some help.

siegmund

Great ,,you will be back up and running in no time ,,, I know lmao ,,I'm on the fucking ground  most of the time anymore ,but I keep pulling myself back up ,, so when your ready for gym ,,I all be here pulling my self up ,, so need a hand :) sad but true ,the problem comes when someone stops getting up ,, good luck 

Bigstick_00

the procedure is starting to become more common. Lots of tests to go through before it can be done tho, for insurance purposes of course. I've been thinking more lately about squats, I may just keep using the leg press machine instead. I really don't want to screw my back up again, I wouldn't wish that upon anybody. Dead lifting may be out also, I'll take it slow and see how it goes!

siegmund

Bro your not competing ??? Then the hell with squats ,I wouldn't dare risk my health ,,, even tho I just almost killed myself ,,, go figure ,so I guess my statement don't make much since ,,I look out for everyone's safety but my own :((

borsuczek

I did something to my back while deadlifting over2 months ago. I felt awful stiffness in my lower back since and backed off from heavy stuff for few weeks. I decided to hit regular clean, high pull and deadlift. Unfortunately I did something that really doesn't feel right. I know my technique is good . Not sure what's going on. Having pain in left side lower back... Got x ray done this morning. Was told seems like cushion between my discs is compressed.

I don't care for uncomfortable feeling and a bit pain in my back but what makes me cry is fact that I cannot deadlift 60 kg as it hurts when I try. I fear so much it might turn into something more serious like losing strength in legs or even arms from what I was told. They told me to try physiotherapy but not sure how 'll this help? 

What kind of feeling/ pain you 've had ?? And how long did u struggle with it before going to dr??

Bigstick_00

I was in pain for about 3 months before I went to the doc. To really assess the problem you need an MRI. It's the only way to see all the soft tissues. I had 3 bulged disks and my low back was stiff as heck, couldn't even bend over. You need to find out for sure what's going on before it can be treated. Therapy may help, but could also irritate it more. Also you may have to step back for a bit and rest and give it time to heal!

D

dolfanshan

I'm with Big. It's better to miss a few weeks to let a minor injury heal than to miss a year or more by making a minor injury a major one.

borsuczek

Went to clinic last week. Didn't get mri unfortunately but got x ray done. They said it looks like cushion between my discs is decompressed... They said there's nothing wrong with actual disc... Hmmmm. Well anyway went to physio. She said it's a muscle spasm . And most likely got it cos of heavy deadlifting. Got one session done and must admit it did help. Such a shame they never done Mri on me. I'm not sure how advanced south Africa is if comes to medicine...

All I wan t is to be able to do hanging leg rises cleans and high pulls again! I think I might quit deadlifting 

D

dolfanshan

Good thing it's minor. Glad to hear that. Remember if you're deadlifting and the bar is not raking up your shins you have too much lower back into it. My shins are usually a bloody mess when I'm done deadlifting. I know you don't want that so you can use deadlifting socks or soccer socks to help prevent that. You could also switch over to a sumo deadlift.

siegmund

Dont worry about dead lifts ill keep it real , I dont do them no more I do hyper extenctions , but work takes care of I lower back ,, try hyper , s so your in africa

D

Dont_trip

Hey for real,I hurt my back in construction and I will tell you personally.Once you injure you back it will never be the same.I Popped my lower disks out(was folded in half by a panel at work)When your back gets truly injured IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME again and it will always be in the back of your mind.Just keep that in mind dont do deadlifts if your back is TRULY an issue not worth it.

borsuczek

I trained my clients to do deadlifting pulls etc and even tho few of them was over55 they never injured anything !! I always keep bar close to my body in deadlifting cleans high pulls snatches... Never injured anything myself until now. I'm going to physio Again tonight so will see if these visits help. I believe my technique is good. Maybe my problem is that even when I'm off gear for a while I still keep lifting as much as I'm able to lift while I'm on . Just my logic tells me I'll never progress iif I stick to same weight. Ah well I was thinking to quit deadlifting anyway as it given me wide lower back what doesn't look good. I just enjoy too much of these sort of moves. Even if it makes me look not too good I just enjoy it too much to give it up for sake of appearance. 

borsuczek

She said even tho it's not disc on its own that's bothers me , there's something to watch out from now  on and I must always keep it in mind whatever activities I do :(

D

dolfanshan

It's always what you love that hurts you. I've got a bulged disk in my lower back. I'm probably stupid for doing deads. My back let's me know when my form is shifty though.