have I got an infection?

Nevadaver

Hi bros! yesterday I done an injection with test c into my left delt,over night it was quite painful and today I feel a bit off and its just slightly swollen up,warm and a bit red!i've always been very sterile and taken all the precautions when injecting!I inject 2.5 ml which is the most I've ever done into the deltoid so could this be the reason??

astek22

That sounds like an infection, but severe inflamation the amount you injected in the delt might be the culprit. I would watch the site and watch your body temperature close. Hopefully one of the experienced guys on here gives you some good info. Good luck with feeling better man.

Hey...was this your first inj. of that particular vial?

Nevadaver

thanks for the reply!no it wasn't my 1st injection from that vial,everything seems to be going wrong with this cycle.....lol

milkin

Have you injected this gear before in glutes or quads ? If he gear is new to you, it may be the type of base oil used. Some people are sensitive to EO ( Ethyl Oleate ) which is commonly used. Are you rotating site ? Over use of a muscle can cause discomfort.
2.5ml is a lot to absorb in your delt unless you have large bowling ball size ones.

Infections are accompanied by swelling, redness, and fever. Monitor the swelling and take you temp every few hours.

upindown

I keep my delt shots to 2cc and below. If your shot was yesterday I would doubt is a full infection yet. May just hit the wrong spot with excessive amount of oil.

Keep an eye on it and give it another day. If it does not get better than to the doctors office you should go.

Nevadaver

thanks again bro!Do you think it will be ok for me to go to the gym tonight?I was going to do my back,its slightly painful but I can push through the pain

upindown

I always get pain some sort of pain while on cycle, kind of comes with the game. If you can tough it out then hit it up!

iron4you

"This pain area, the ability to goes through and goes through and... I am not afraid of fainting in the gym and have thrown up many times while working out, this pain area is what separates a champion from ... from one who is not champion." -Arnold with his severely broken English

dlovett

I always go glute to quad to glute to quad. I never go to the upper extremities only because they are significantly smaller muscles and in my mind, more prone to soreness or pain that can be caused by inaccuracy, overloading or readjusting to a new compound or oil - there are too many reasons for pain after injection in the upper extremities vs. the lower. One time, I poked in the quad and must have dinged a nerve because my muscles began to twitch (I'm talking full blown spasm) until I withdrew and tried again in a slightly different spot. The real problem came the day or two after and lasted for nearly a week! It felt like someone blasted me right in the quad with a hammer!

dlovett

Jam size? Try a 25G, 1", 3cc pin. My buddy goes in the traps and delts and pecs and is a nut but those are the pins he uses, pain free.

Wizard

i rather miss that day because i know i wont get the best of my workout and do that work out another day sometime that week. "live now fight later" - some movie.

Nevadaver

Thanks for all the replys! I went to the gym last night and my workout wasn't affected and this morning the swelling has gone down and its cooled down so no worries, it's raining here like h...l

weedgit

I usually stick to 1 cc max for any deltoid injection I give patients. (I'm a nurse) Reason is, deltoids not that big for most patients i come across. It's NOT an infection. If you have a fever, the injection site is cherry red, you can barely move your arm, and you're either nauseated or feel like vomiting, then its probably an infection. Your deltoid wasn't used to the added stuff, and your body's taking a little bit longer than usual to process it. You'll be fine after a few days. Just stretch out the muscle every now and then. Also, after an injection, take an alcohol swab and rub the injection site to distribute the test throughout whatever muscle you injected into. This will lower the risk of any trapped test that might form a nodule in your muscle. Hope this helps.