I'm an idiot and deserve abuse

C

ColsinM

Goddammmmmit...

Over 40 + Max weight on consecutive workouts = Torn quad (or maybe just a ruptured bursa)

Ugh. I deserve abuse. Let me have it....

jewsir

Cold compress, and muscle rub before bed. I like horse liniment from tractor supply, Dendracin (neurodendraxcin) is also a very good product. And like S-F said, rest. The body heals and recovers when we sleep. The biggest thing with injuries is not rushing back in before it has completely healed. Especially for us 4th decaders. And don't be a super hero, if it continues to get worse go to a sports medicine Dr. or a PCP,  just keep your head up!

calmb4dastorm

To hear that! Allow yourself time to heal. We are not going to beat you up over it ;-) you are doing that just fine by yourself! Lol. We all strive to do what we do as safely as possible and avoid injury. But sometimes shit happens... Wishing you a speedy recovery, dear!!!

siegmund

its the life we choose , 

happens all the time im no exception. been there done that , and still do it. .. now its time to concentrate on the upper body.  .. bite the bullet concentrate on what you can do.  ..and keep it moving 

C

ColsinM

Thanks for all the encouragement. Am I wrong about lifting heavy (near max) on consecutive workouts being a bad idea? I thought I gave myself adequate recovery time (5 days), but apparently not...

swolesam

colsin - find your sweet spot bro. intensity is a must in this sport. but intensity for me might be quite the different weight ranges than Branch Warren ! you feel me?

Feel better, recover. Thats what this sport is all about, part of trial & error, as long as you learn something from it , add it under your belt & keep on mad trucking bro.

D

Dont_trip

that is a vey basic question of course it's a bad idea to train near your max weekly downright foolish,to ask that question makes me the. Question your understanding on training which the. Leads me to believe your forM is off, no such thing as a dumb question but take my advice focus on training and this goes for everyone reading this focus on training lift heavy lift moderate what ever stimulates growth and strength but intensity is the driving force of you have to wonder if you have enough intensity the. The answer is you don't you will no, anyways went off oN a rant educate yourself on forM and working out and never train 1 rep max heavy on a weekly basis trust me you can take all the drugs you want and have an immaculate diet and will still look like shit no offense to anyone, there is a saying I like to use train like a bitch look like a bitch, not calling you that just sharing with you an expression. I make amazing gains on an off cycle because of my training if you got questions shoot me a question take care and recover brother

M

Mister A

The origin of your hardship is the way which you speak about yourself. Changing the way you speak to yourself will change your mindset. Changing your mindset will change the way you behave. Changing the way you behave will change the results you get. Nobody is going to succeed at anything speaking about themselves the way you did in your opening post.

swolesam

i know what you're saying bro. it took me YEARS of conscious disciplined thinking to overcome mine. VERY painful process, and sometimes you feel you make 3 steps ahead, and then 4 steps back! its painful, i know all about that.

Be strong, keep your head up and consciously lead yourself into completely deleting these -ve voices, and replace w/ positive ones.

Personally, Christian cermons by Pastors like TD Jakes, and Osteen and others really helped me ALOT, might not be the pill to heal/help everybody, but i admit it made a huge impact on my healing process away from the -ve voices (gremlins like i call them).

M

Mister A

It's good to hear from you, Sam. You're a thoughtful man. Full of thoughts. It's something I appreciate. Our bodies and our lives are a physical manifestation of our thoughts.

M

Mister A

It's good to hear from you, Sam. You're a thoughtful man. Full of thoughts. It's something I appreciate. Our bodies and our lives are a physical manifestation of our thoughts.

ESmetalhead

Its a lot like that clichéd scenario of an angel on one side and demon on the other.  That demon can make you dissatisfied and push you to improve but can cause you fear and anger you have to have that angel to have gratitude and faith and courage.   They both have a place but you want the positive voice to be dominant when negative is most powerful.

M

Mister A

One of the things I learned when I first got clean was to stop separating myself from my demons. When we refer to it as "the voice in my head" or "gremlins" (which is a good one lol) or what I used to call my "disease," we unconsciously separate ourselves from being responsible for it. We paint it as an outside force affecting us.

The voice is you.

You're in control of that voice. Negative thinking may have become someone's default, but they can still discipline themselves to stop focusing on it and the again to change the thought completely. Like Sam said, it takes years of dedicated practice to adjust to someone who's first thought is positive instead of negative, and no one will be a perfect thinker. But if you're willing to train your body hard and consistently, then the same vigor and dedication must be applied to the training of one's mind.