is bodybuilding a sport?

Diesel

How do you think, is bodybuilding a sport??

If you believe that it is a sport, why it is not an olympic sport?

anabolic-city

I doubt it ever will be because of the way it has been portayed in a bad light by the media thanks to abusers of certain chemicals!

great question diesel

milkin

I too agree with A-C here and I feel that steroid abuse gets "Dramatized" when referencing the sport of bodybuilding. Olympic and pro sport athletes cycle them but their goals are for endourance which is a much different end result for sure but still the same principal. These althetes soften up the word "Steroid" and refer to them as a "performance-enhancing-drug". 

Whether your goals are personal  like staying in shape, or staying in shape is your career, you do what you have to do to get the edge. Just ask lance Armstrong,  Barry Bonds, A-rod, Rodger Clemings, and a host of other pro athletes poped for ssteroid use.

If it did become an olympic sport it would only make matters worse for all of use takers seller and buyers it would be in the media lime line to much and any abuse would be mass media there would be a governing body over it all i.e money thrown at the sport to prevent aas etc

I dont class it as a sport but i class more of sport than some of the joke events in the olympics

The time dedication needed is more than or same as most sports

Semper Fi

OK - I figure i will get some 'Flak" here but ............  A sport?  I mean, I guess it meets the "Defintion" in the sense of "Competition" - But to my perspective of "Sports" - Hell NO.  I can see the "CrossFit Games" as a sport .....Even though it seems widely known that none of the competitors acutually use crossfit methodolgy to "train" for the events - Or so I have read at any rate.

I have a feeling I may be the lone sheep here in this one though..........

anabolic-city

Whether you think it is or it isnt I think everyones posts so far are all valid.

Its always going to remain a very small community because lets face it who outside of bodybuilding really understands it?