L-Arginine

jasonking92

Pure L-Arginine Powder

Ideal pre-workout ingredient and 100% Pure.???

Hi guys Just another ingredient I have been looking at. There has been some discussion on here that L-Argininie  helps slightly with natural HGH production. Any help is better than nothing but I am more interested in Its supposedly ability to boost overall cardiovascular health (possibly help with getting that pumped feeling more often). Plus as I have been getting steadily more leaner my veins are steadily getting more prominent especially during intense workouts. Would taking this help promote more prominent veins?. To give that more complete look to my physique?. I know I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be with my body and I am looking forward to that long journey . And may well move that bar even higher when I get there. But any advice from any one who may of tried this would be appreciated.

P.S THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. 

jasonking92

Hi blastthru Do you find citruline-malate helps with your overall cardiovascular health? or more just around gym time? 

blastthru23

It gets metabolized into arginine, but for some reason it's more effective. And least in my experience. I'm not aware of either being specifically beneficial for cardio vascular health, but intuitively it makes sense. Where did you read/hear this? Got a link?

jasonking92

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/08/12/new-study-shows-larginine-improves-blood-pressure-and-cardiovascular-risk-factors.aspx

https://draxe.com/l-arginine/

SOME CUT AND PASTE READING FROM LINKS

Other L-arginine benefits include:

fighting inflammation
lowering risk for arteriosclerosis and heart attack
repairing blood vessels
fighting congestive heart failure (CHF) and coronary artery disease
helping lower high blood pressure
improving athletic performance
increasing immune function
reducing muscle pains (especially in the legs caused by blocked arteries)
improving kidney function
improving mental capacity
fighting dementia
correcting impotence, erectile dysfunction (ED) and male infertility
preventing the common cold

Emerging research is pointing to L-arginine, an amino acid, as a powerful player in your cardiovascular health. In the latest research, supplementation with L-arginine resulted in multiple beneficial vascular effects in people with multiple risk factors for heart disease.

L-arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide and is actually the only known nutritional substrate in your vessel lining available to endothelial cells (a layer of cells that line the interior surface of blood vessels) for nitric oxide production.

In other words, the lining in your vessels (endothelium) need L-arginine to create nitric oxide.

Why is Nitric Oxide Important?

Nitric oxide is a common air pollutant released by automobile exhaust and other sources (it's also the explosive chemical in dynamite). Ironically, nitric oxide is also the gas released in your body as a cellular signaling molecule to help promote healthy blood vessel flexibility and dilation -- a discovery that earned three scientists the 1998 Nobel Prize in Medicine.

The use of a gas, in this case nitric oxide, for signalling between cells in your body, was an entirely new concept until just over a decade ago, but now it's known that nitric oxide:

1. Enhances your blood flow when produced by blood vessel cells
  2. Helps support healthy blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range
  3. Is used as a signal molecule in your brain and immune system

Vasodilating (vessel widening) compounds also release nitric oxide to help relax muscle cells in your veins, and endothelial cells lining your blood vessels produce this gas to help support healthy blood flow.

Why L-arginine May be Useful for Supporting Heart Health

If you include all age groups, heart disease is the leading killer of Americans. An estimated 785,000 Americans suffered heart attacks in 2009 and one person dies from a coronary event every minute, according to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics.

So clearly, anything that can help reduce your risk of heart disease is worth taking note of.

Remember, your endothelial cells produce nitric oxide to help your vessels stay relaxed and open for blood flow -- a key component of cardiovascular health that may play a beneficial role in:

1. Clogged arteries
  2. Chest pain
  3. Coronary artery disease

In fact, studies show that L-arginine may:

1. Promote healthy blood pressure levels that are already within the normal range in healthy people.
  2. Promote improvement and help support endothelial vascular function.
  3. Improve endothelial function and promote a healthy cardiovascular system.

It is through this same mechanism of enhancing the action of nitric oxide that L-arginine may also help with erectile dysfunction by helping to relax your blood vessels, including those supplying blood to your penis. As blood vessels in your penis dilate, it increases blood flow, which helps maintain an erection.

However, nitric oxide signalling efficiency declines as a normal part of ageing. And without enough L-arginine, your endothelial cells may not create enough nitric oxide to promote optimal blood flow and cardiovascular health.

This is why a high-quality L-arginine supplement may be a simple way to enhance your body's supply, especially if you know you have risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure, excess weight, or high insulin levels (diabetes).

You can also find L-arginine in dietary sources and may be able to somewhat enhance your levels by eating more:

1. Nuts (walnuts, hazelnuts, pecans, Brazil nuts, almonds, cashews and peanuts)
  2. Sesame and sunflower seeds
  3. Raisins
  4. Coconut
  5. Dairy products
  6. Meat
  7. Some whole grains (oats, barley, buckwheat, brown rice)