Lactic acid and tendon health

Dolf

Just read an article on how using high reps to build up lactic acid is good for tendons. The reasoning was that lactic acid helps strengthen and repair tendons. Has anyone else heard of this and what are your thoughts on the matter? Being that I've had an ongoing problem with a biceps tendon and I've been doing heavy low reps it has me curious. I'd already planned on switching to a higher rep/hypertrophy type training I'm gonna make myself a human guinea pig i guess.

N

noveskeelite

without getting all in depth. the best way to avoid joint pain is too progress a little slower. when and IF joint pain appears. you need to back off to let the tendons heal. the pain is from micro trauma causing inflammation . a lot of times especially on gear our muscles get stronger faster than our joints............if you don't let those joints heal your asking for potential serious injury.

N

noveskeelite

so in your case switching to some reps and avoiding exercises that put a lot of stress on your elbows for a couple months should help you a lot. basioally......if it hurts.....don't do it. I do love high reps for healing and therapeutic purposes.

D

dolfanshan

Thanks nov. I did lower weight high rep yesterday. It was definitely easier on the tendon. The weight felt really light, but the high reps made me feel like i got a good training session in. I also realized that at work some of the motions i use are with my right arm and hit the biceps, so I'm gonna try to switch to my left arm at work. The doc also gave me meloxicam for an anti inflammatory. The worst part is my favorite exercises cause it pain. BB rows, kroc rows, and pullups.

N

noveskeelite

sounds like your very limited as to what you can do. might be a great time to start blasting your squat and deadlift instead.

D

dolfanshan

Actually the high rep lower weight is working great so far. Worked chest yesterday and bi/tri today without problems. This is after a 3 week break from training.

siegmund

High repmlow weight always worked for.me , there was a time I had to do like 5 -6 sets just to get blood in muscle ,, I played alot of handball in the joint and that and lifting didnt mix , and my best only true cure was time off completely from both handball and weights

D

dolfanshan

I'm giving the lactic acid theory a try and see if it works. So far so good, but I'm sure the 3 week break and the meloxicam have helped tremendously.

Bigstick_00

This is also a very common problem for guys wanting to give tren a try. The muscles will get stronger and the tendons lag behind. Very easy to get injured that way! Nothing wrong with taking a break when our bodies are telling us they hurt!

D

dolfanshan

Yea with tren you definitely have to be careful with the tendons. I think i had just gone heavy for too long without proper deloading. Live and learn. Also with age shit hurts a little more.