Mid Life

Matthew Barch

47, 6'0", 212 lbs, maybe 18% bf. Typical week is chest/back on Mondays, arms Tuesday, shoulders/abs Wednesday, Thursday legs then repeat. I am usually in the GYM for an hour per day. Am I over doing it? Do you have a schedule I can follow and what I can take to get a better physique?

Tx

Matt

Scandal

Welcome mate.

If your working out everyday you are probably over doing it, you need to rest your body as much as work it! Just research a good 2 day on 1 day off schedule (mon/tue and Thur/fri) rest Wed or some light cardio and same at weekend. You will need to look at your diet as well to drop the BF, get rid of all proccessed food and sugar and leave fast food well alone. 

Im 48 and decided I need a boost, so after long research and advice on here Ive started a simple Test E cycle! 

Dolf

X2 with scandal...diet is vitally important for reaching your goals, and rest is important as well especially if you're not enhanced because recovery times are much greater. They both go hand in hand. 

calmb4dastorm

tell us about your routine. Are you doing the same exercises week in week out? I'm no PRO but it looks to me like you should change your routine. you sound like you have hit a plateau. why did you decide to use the combinations chosen for each given day? Try switching your workout to "push-pull." "On push days, focus on all the muscles used to push, i.e. chest, shoulders and triceps. On pull days, you concentrate on your back and biceps. Then, you have your leg days when you squat, do leg extensions and hamstring extensions. Start with the largest muscle group first then work progressively to the smaller muscles groups. For instance, do your flat bench, then inclines, then shoulders, then triceps. The reason you start with the larger muscle groups is that they can handle the heaviest weight and if you start with a smaller group, say your triceps, by the time you get to your chest your triceps will be too fatigued to give your chest a good workout. Same reason you want to stick with the push-pull method. Say you decide to mix things up a bit and on day 1 you do your chest and biceps. On day 2, you decide to do your back and triceps. On day 2, you will not have a good back workout because your biceps will be fatigued from the workout the day before and you will not be able to work your back to its fullest potential because your biceps will give out before your back does. If you mix it up, you'll never have fully recovered to give your particular muscle group a good, thorough workout. Also, you may not see as much growth if you mix it up because you will never give your muscles a true day off.  If you train your chest on one day, and your triceps on another, on your chest day you will automatically work your triceps which will not get the necessary rest since you'll be doing triceps on another day, which will automatically work your chest a bit, not giving it the rest required to grow." I came across this info somewhere online last year and i put it to the test and have gotten great results.