MUSCLE MEMORY

siegmund

Muscle memory is a beauitful thing , what is muscle memory im not even sure if I know lol or should I say how to explaine it , im sure my friends will chime in here ,. Ok for me ive worked out half my life , I get into these funks , where I may just fall off the wagon for a few months , and when that happenes I dont feel good about my self , I feel , dirty , like shit , lazy , less than , because we all do know pushing that iron ! RELEASES ENDORPHINS ,, and when these ENDORPHINS are released it gives us a since of well being ,, and belonging , hell there hormones ,  but we all fall into a slump , for me when I fall into a slump , im generally stressing and with that I dont eat propper and I dont work out hardly , and I start feeling like a crack head to be frank , others eat and put on weight , but one thing we all have in common is we have that foundation already built , so for me to start eating , and getting on a routine will have me  eing happy and feeling good agion in about 3 weeks to a month ,, now if you get over weight , well the foundation is still there , but your going to have to work a little bit harder , NO AAS   IMO , I WOULD SUGGEST LIGHT WEIGHT ALOT OF OF REPS A FEW DAYS OF CARDIO , SOME WALKING ,  ( excuse me if your body fat is above 20%  I would suggest dropping a little first to teens )  but within a month with the will and dedication theres no reason you cant be happy with a months results .   And for the gentelman that never really touched a weight , Imo , NO MATTER WHAT AGE , YOU MUST BUILD THAT FOUNDATION ,  and im going to say minium a year of solid training MINIUM  and thats just my opion , without a foundation its a waste , but for us with the time under our belt we bounce right back ..hope I explained it right if im right just my way of looking at it ,, ok chime in fam    sieg

D

dolfanshan

I believe in muscle memory as well. I've taken a break a time or two due to injury and or just becoming unmotivated. I try not to do it anymore because I hate that soreness from going back, and I hate the loss of strength. Also I tend to get sloppy on my diet. The older you get the more damage a bad diet causes. Anyways last time I had a lapse I naturally put on 12 pounds within a few months, so I knew right then and there muscle memory is real. I also watched my brother take a 10 plus year break after his 3rd shoulder surgery, and within a year he was back to where he was before the break. It was amazing at 52 years of age. He's very disciplined with his diet, and knows his body very well from over 20 years of training before the surgeries.

strong

npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129359637  Muscle memory is real... ive dealt with a lot of injuries and other shit to keep me out of the gym. ive been working out for 30 years and of course have missed a lot of time over the years.. When I go back to the gym im so weak its embarrassing because im pretty big. within a month I start getting strong and endorphans flying. our brains know we have done it before and know we can do it. most of us run into something to keep us out of the gym... OK that's life.... The big problem is we don't make it to the gym but then we eat like shit and so on.... Balance is the key to life....

Outlawthing

I agree when life gets busy u get off routine then diet follows I still try to get to gym at least three times a week  when I gain about 8 lbs I usually pull the reins in. I kinda use my overeating as a bulking period  then back to cuttin for me strength goes up but I feel sloppy then when I get back in swing body bounces back after  bout month