New cycle after surgery

ceruzziracing

So hopefully this is okay to post here versus the Injury/Trauma forum. I am 52 y/o, currently on TRT of 200mg cyp/1mg anastrozole weekly. I'll be undergoing a total knee replacement in about 10 days and am planning on adding EQ 400mg/week to the cycle next week x16-20wks. Have also considered adding Deca 300mg/wk, 4 wks after EQ started, for 12 wks. Twofold goal is some recomposition and getting the legs back that I've been unable to adequately train for some time. Figuring the EQ effects should start to become effective about the time I've recovered enough from the surgery to start doing legs again. Plus, as I'll be home on medical leave from work for at least a month, I'll have nothing to do but hit the gym frequently. Any thoughts on this or has anyone done something similar after major surgery? Thanks for the input!

SemperFi

Here is a great place to start on your search for advice-

https://musclegurus.to/forum/general/introduce-yourself/126447-writing-an-effective-introduction

SEMPER FI

ceruzziracing

Thanks for the guidance, sorry if I'm violating forum protocol. As stated, I'm 52 y/o, currently on TRT. Have been lifting since high school, but following clean diet and solid lifting schedule the last two years. Try to average 4days/week but work nights, so I have a weird schedule. I'm 6'1", 220lbs, BF% is probably close to 18% right now but haven't followed it in years to be honest. Have only done a straight test cycle in the past, this will be my second. At my heaviest a year ago at 244lbs. but prefer to stay close to 220 as it's a work requirement. Goal with this cycle, as I stated, is recomp and leg recovery primarily. Not too concerned about some weight gain as I won't have to be officially 220 again until November, and should have plenty of time to drop water and BF by then. Biggest concern was if anyone else had experience running a cycle after major ortho surgery. Concern obviously for risk of blood clots with elevated H&H (labs drawn, just waiting for results for current level) and increasing RBC's with additional compounds being added. Can't/won't donate before surgery. The deca I was thinking was primarily to aid in joint recovery and healing. Thanks again. 

SemperFi

Thanks Brother.

You say you have been training and following a clean diet for the past two years but your BF% is at 18. I will honestly tell you that if what you say is true you have holes in your diet or a combination of diet/training issues.

I personally would not do anything before or shortly after surgery concerning PED's without a clean bill of health from your doctor. At your age and fitness level you can accomplish very good things on your TRT regimen as long as you have your diet and training in check. Adding more juice isn't going to repair the holes in those areas.

SEMPER FI

ceruzziracing

Guess I should have added that I was 34% 2 years ago lol. With the bad knees, cardio and lower body work has been quite difficult and ability to get lean has suffered. I appreciate the input, I definitely have more to work on overall. Thanks!

ceruzziracing

Thanks brother, I'll be getting diet on better track and working on dropping BF% first. Those 12hr night shifts (hospital) make keeping on diet on work days somewhat a chore. H&H came back at 16/48, and my hematocrit always runs close to 50. Surgery a week from today, will have no excuses for not eating right during the rehab. Hopefully recovered enough by fall for hunting season lol. Gotta be able to get in the tree stand ;-)

I will let the brothers chime in on the questions..but have to say your Avi is HILARIOUS man! Love it!

That will be me on my Harley at age 75  but with 2 installed airbags LOL