New Training Split

G

I have been using the same training split for years. I've worked everything equally and have achieved, in my eyes, a balanced physique. Even my calves don't disappoint me anymore. I will be recomping until May and then cutting through July, but before the end of next summer I will begin a long term bulk to see just how big I can get. I have some new goals with my physique over the next 18 months and although I will continue to build a balanced physique, there are areas I want to emphasize growth in. I want a thick upper torso all the way around. Upper Chest, All Three Delt Heads, Traps, Neck. I want an upper chest that's thick all the into my collar bones. Front delts that stretch out my tee shirts. Side delts that that are not only wide, but thick. Rear delts that look like they're hanging off my back. Traps that reach up toward my ears and are thick all the way out to their insertions on the clavicles. A neck that is riddled with muscle and veins. I want the shoulder pad look. I want the my ox died so I've been plowing my own fields look.  I want my upper chest and front delt thickness to be visible while wearing a XXL hoodie. I don't want to be able to wear crew necks without stretching them out.

So this is the split I'm going to use for at least the next 18 months.

Monday: Upper Chest. Front Delts. Key Exercises: Barbell Military Presses, DB Presses at 20 degree incline. Incline Barbell Presses at 35 degree incline. Incline Dumbbell Presses at 45 degree incline. Front DB Raises. Incline DB Flyes with hands pronated.

Tuesday: Mid and Lower Back. Key Exercises: Bent Rows, DB Rows, Deadlifts, Underhand and Neutral Grip Rowing Movements.

Wednesday: Forearms. Biceps. Triceps.

Thursday: Chest. Key Exercises: Bench Press. Slight Decline DB Press. Decline Hammer Press. Decline Cable Flyes. Dips.

Friday: Side Delts. Rear Delts. Traps. Key Exercises: One Arm DB Laterals. One Arm Cable Laterals. Hammer Strength High Rows. Shrugs. Upright Rows. Rear Laterals.

Saturday: Legs. Key Exercises: Squats.

Sunday: Rest.

SemperFi

Thanks for sharing Griz. I like that you italicized key exercises which tells me that your routine will not be limited to those specific exercises.

Great to see members sharing their ideas, goals, experience and training.

SEMPER FI

M

Mister A

It's good to get thoughts down on paper and even better when you can get some feedback from a group of experienced lifters.

With any training cycle, I pick a couple key exercises for each muscle group and focus on them. Obviously with the upper chest and front delt day, I have and more specific idea of the movements I want to focus on. But I need that flexibility on the other days. It's an experiment and I'm looking to learn from it. The most important feature of this training cycle is the length. I don't think you can achieve the goals I've set forth within a 3 month cycle. Even on gear. But 18 months of consistently working very hard on a well designed strategy can yield monstrous results.