Oh snap do I have a story for ya!

Ram

Well, it all starts in the deserts of Iraq and Saudi Arabia! Anyway, was there doing what I signed up for, but had no idea I'd be used as cannon fodder for some dunderheads lame ass not very creative bullshit. I knew he was lying and couldn't do shit about it!

Well, i laid out a mine field because some tanks were supposed to come across the border because of more trumped up intel. So I grabbed a ride with some M109 self propelled howitzers.. The next thing I knew explosions were going of near us, and I thought to myself is that shit meant for us...it was walking in, I thought it was arty...turns out they were cluster bombs dropped by the air wing Marines in A 10's. Next thing I knew, i was being dragged by my feet out of the crews compartment because I had taken shrapnel, passed thru my L arm bone and all, but that was minor. Was hit in the chest and hit a lung and it collapsed, to this day I have retained shrapnel, but that wasn't the biggy either.I was also hit in the back of the head and also to this day I have shrapnel in my cerebellum and equilibrium.. as you might guess I have balance and coordination issues on my right side, but I also had to learn to walk and talk again.. I went from the tip top shape at about 230 all the way down to 120... Was able to wrap my hands around my thigh..But, now, I am up on my feet and still workout. For the hour 1/2 in the gym I feel normal....

Well, that's my trauma, and now to top it off I can't sleep at night because I have ptsd...

JARHEAD2

Thank you for sharing & thank you for serving! It breaks my heart to see those that have came back wounded physically, but even more for those who have been traumatized in other ways. In the past I also suffered with ptsd, and had a lot of treatment for mental health through our VA hospital. I can promise you this, you can recover! Keeping yourself motivated to keep going through so much is very difficult. I recommend keeping family & friends close no matter how uncomfortable it might be. It's difficult to hold yourself accountable sometimes when you don't do so good or give 100%, honestly it is justified be of the suffering you have faced, & that's always in your minds eye. Make an accountability partner with at least one person who cares enough to push & motivate you no matter what. It is no joke what you've faced & what you're still facing. But again I promise you this, you can recover & you do deserve to recover & be happy.  am not sure your spiritual belief system, but for me prayer has been my greatest strength. I am now myself completely off all the meds & haven't had to see the counsellor in years. You can recover my brother & don't ever let anyone tell you different. Keep your head up & your faith strong!

Dolf

The best treatment for ptsd is to smoke a little weed and talk about it with other vets.

Ram

Thanks guys.. I'm good thanks. And Dolph, already use the miracle plant they call MJ, it does work better then zoloft.. Matter o' fact sparking up some purple erkel now!