Ouch... that hurt!

SemperFi

No gym work for awhile girls and gals.... I am nursing my mangina AKA a strained back! It is burning... can't even wipe my own arse.

Feeling sorry for me might help.

-49yrs And Feeling It Today

JdDaniel01

I had a military sponsored dual level spinal fusion two years ago. I've just in the last six months started feeling like a human again. Listen to these knuckleheads, theyll take care of ya!

B

Burrr

When you do get back in the gym, I use one legged leg press to keep up with leg day while nursing the back.

It keeps your pelvis and lower back from rotating at all.

MRFIXIT

Ice that shit and then put a heating pad and then repeat hot and cold always works for me, my sports medicine guy is the best

Good luck brother, back pain sucks as bad shoulder pain! i hate not being able to hit the gym, but most importantly rest rest rest!

its not worth further injury! 

SemperFi

Brother Burr,

Thank you. I will give it a try when I actually can stand up straight! ;)

STAY STRONG and ALWAYS SEMPER FI.

SemperFi

First ever gym injury.... major baby! I am afraid the recovery time, because of my age, will set me way back so I will make sure I do this right.... rest.... stretch... ice/heat...a have a little cheese with my whine! Have a cycle planned in 8 weeks.

Still can't wipe my own arse.

Thanks for all your advice. I truly appreciate your honest support!

STAY STRONG and ALWAYS SEMPER FI.

SemperFi

Stretching and heat/ice is working great. Got a massage ball from my PT... awesome device.... when I am recovered I can use it for a game of dodgeball with the grandkids!

SEMPER FI

swolesam

great advice Fixit!!

When i had shoulder pains, i used to go to LifeTime Fitness at nights, use the pool which was cold as shit for 15 minutes , then i would hop in the heated ass Jacuzzi for 5-10 minutes, then back in the pool. I would do that for about an hour. The end result is nothing short of RELAXING & healing. Ofcourse, i did the ice/heat pads as well to complement a few times a day.

I started doing that (swimming pool/Jacuzzi) occasionally when i have the time after my workouts, and the same relaxing effect.  

Big Nasty

Im not recommending this while you are injured, only after you are healed up and back to lifting but a PVC roller for the back absolutely 100% has been a life saver for my back. I have a nagging low and middle back issue that I have been able to successfully remedy through using the roller therapy everyday. I rarely have to go to the Chrio anymore. Each morning just a couple of rolls and my back pops like a firecracker. Its euphoric blissfulness and keep my back loosened up and functional. Not 100% but very tolerable for a 43yr old. I still deadlift and squat heavy EVERY week. Give it a try once you are healed up. 

SemperFi

Thanks Nasty... I will definitely take your advice.

Today will be my first day back at the gym and I will take it easy.

+1... hell +1 to everybody for all your support.

SEMPER FI