Pct

R

ruxgear

I sure as hell know if I owned the MG site I wouldn't want links posted on my property that sent traffic to my direct competition. That sure isn't smart business.

Dolf

Yes it is a rule that you can't post links to other review sites, but it's been a loosely enforced rule. However the best part of this whole thing is now we see we need a forum topic and possibly a sticky on hcg mixing instructions, and conversions from iu to ml or cc. 

swolesam

bronze - who designed this trt program for you? Or are you self medicating? Reason i ask is, 500 mg Test EW is a cycle, a mild one, but yet a cycle. 250-300mg of Test ew is the MOST i ever heard of for TRT my man. Btw, whats your blood numbers for T, free T, estro, prolactin?

B

Burrr

I'd be pretty disappointed if this is the way this rule is going to be enforced. MG strives to be better than a site like eroids, but eroids would allow me to link to an informative post here on MG.  I know there was some back and forth here between our mods and Nitti,  but Nitti actually encouraged people on eroids to come check out MG and make their own call.

• Nitti 

• 2 years ago

"I would encourage people to go check it out so they can see how inferior that site is to this one. Their mods are haters"

I hope the admin here will rise above this rule and allow us to share information on steroids and cycles no matter where that info comes from. We all know there are other forums, and many of us are members on multiple forums. 

We have a great thing going here at MG, a nice tight knit family of good members and mods. Lets keep the transparency high and the censorship low. That will make MG and even better forum.

SemperFi

I respect that Burr and understand your disappointment.

How else should we enforce the rule(s) other than how it is written? Where do we as mod's draw the line?

Example- You have a member that comes in and uses subversive means and begins posting links to other review websites and forums on a regular basis with the purpose to promote. How are we to properly enforce the rules and protect the community from people like these if we do not make the rule apply to everybody? Not an easy job. Despite what some might think becoming a mod doesn't make you instantly clairvoyant allowing you to know the intentions of every member when they post. ;)

An alternative that you can use is in your own words type a brief description and then encourage the member to "google it". 

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

SemperFi said:
</p><p>I respect that Burr and understand your disappointment.</p><p>How else should we enforce the rule(s) other than how it is written? Where do we as mod's draw the line?</p><p>Example- You have a member that comes in and uses subversive means and begins posting links to other review websites and forums on a regular basis with the purpose to promote. How are we to properly enforce the rules and protect the community from people like these if we do not make the rule apply to everybody? Not an easy job. ;)</p><p>An alternative that you can use is in your own words type a brief description and then encourage the member to "google it". </p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p>
My suggestion would be to allow the linking of specific posts and articles that are relevant to the discussion. Not allowing a link to XXX but allowing the link to XXX</p><p>Sharing info from other sites should not mean a poster is promoting that site.</p>

SemperFi

The rule would have to be revised to allow your suggestion which is not in a moderators area of responsibility or authority.

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

SemperFi said:
</p><p>The rule would have to be revised to allow your suggestion which is not in a moderators area of responsibility or authority.</p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p> </p><p>
Fair enough SemperFi, I'm reaching out to admin here. It's up to them to decide what kind of site they want MG to be. </p>

SemperFi

X2

What would truly benefit MG is if it had more original unique content not requiring access to other similar site to gain the information. This is a task that cannot be handled by one or even a few members. It requires many members working together.

SEMPER FI

Dolf

1. Don’t copy paste articles from other websites’ forums or blogs on MusleGurus.com. Only unique content is allowed in our forum, keep being original. In case you find worth news or articles, post a short description with a link to the original article in the News Section.

This is further down the rules. I huess we'll need a clarification about what promoting otber review sites means. Is it posting a link to a useful or informative article, or would it be something like telling another member to go to xxx because they have better domestic sources etc etc...

B

Burrr

x2 Dolf, looking at a different interpretation of the mean of "promote"

SemperFi

Another way of thinking about this is to own the information vs. renting it (referencing) from other sites.

If we truly want to improve the MG experience and want MG to be different than other sites then time needs to be invested in creating unique useful content that can be posted on MG instead of renting it from competitive sites. I rather own the equipment than rent it. ;)

Would you be willing to invest some time and post unique useful content about commonly asked questions or other subject matter? We could use your help and experience.

Anyone interested in helping please feel free to contact a mod with your topic idea and we either can consider making it a sticky or direct you to the correct place to post it.

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

SemperFi said:
</p><p>Another way of thinking about this is to own the information vs. renting it (referencing) from other sites.</p><p>If we truly want to improve the MG experience and want MG to be different than other sites then time needs to be invested in creating unique useful content that can be posted on MG instead of renting it from competitive sites. I rather own the equipment than rent it. ;)</p><p>Would you be willing to invest some time and post unique useful content about commonly asked questions or other subject matter? We could use your help and experience.</p><p>Anyone interested in helping please feel free to contact a mod with your topic idea and we either can consider making it a sticky or direct you to the correct place to post it.</p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p>
I'll try to do a write up on the things I'm qualified for. In the big scheme of things I'm just a well read noob. </p><p>I like what you did with the HCG mixing page. I might be able to add to that with instructions for the pre filled hcg syringe and how to dilute.</p><p> </p>