Pharmaceutical Testosterone vs. Bio-Identical

SemperFi

When you first decide to participate in TRT you will hear these two terms of testosterone being thrown around - Bio-Identical and Pharmaceutical Grade (pharma).

Many clinics tout the line that Bio-Identical is superior because it is natural versus synthesized Pharma. I have no opinion concerning the superiority of one over the other. I am simply providing information in the form of the actual facts.

Here are the facts -

• No testosterone used in therapy is 'natural'. Anyone who tells you otherwise is misinformed or is misleading you for the purpose of selling you something that they profit from.

• All testosterone used in therapy is laboratory synthesized.

• Bio-Identical testosterone is synthesized in a compounding pharmacy or facilities that are not FDA approved or inspected.

• Bio-Identical testosterone is structurally identical to naturally produced human testosterone.

• Pharma testosterone has had it's molecular structure purposely modified to improve the delivery mechanism (how it gets into the blood).

• Once pharma testosterone enters the blood stream it is structurally identical to naturally produced human testosterone.

• There have been no recognized published medical studies of Bio-Identical testosterone.

Please let me know if you find any errors in the information that has been shared so it can be corrected for the benefit of all members.

SEMPER FI

B

Burrr

My wife gets bio identical hormones from a clinic and compounding pharmacy, never heard her Dr even refer to the test pellets that way.

He explained that in the early years of HRT there were products that were synthetic and slightly tweaked versions so the company could patent it. When the chemical structure matches the natural hormone it cant be patented.

Some of these hormones were causing increased rates of cancers and other problems.

I thought most of the hormones we take, including test start off as sweet potatoes