Prescription Testosterone price increase.

milkin

Any of you trt guys fill your prescription lately ? Did you notice an increase in price ? I did, like a 300% increase. Same brand, same delivery dosage, same ins, and same pharmacy. Any one else fill lately ? 

D

dolfanshan

I only have a copay of $5 generics and $10 name brand, but I'll get on the scrip webpage and see if it shows what they paid. I wonder what the reason could be for such a huge increase? Greed? Shortages?

milkin

I too have a copay but for non generic meds I must pay/a small percentage of the cost. It just seemed weird, even checks with a few pharmacies. I may just have my pharmacy sing up here on MG :)

D

dolfanshan

Can you do mail order through your scrip company? Mine does 90 day supplies and gives a good discount for it.

K

krisbr

I'd say it may have to do with all the changes to healthcare.

benoit23

dolfanshan said:
</p><p>I only have a copay of $5 generics and $10 name brand, but I'll get on the scrip webpage and see if it shows what they paid. I wonder what the reason could be for such a huge increase? Greed? Shortages?</p><p>
is that only $10 a month?!? With insurance? </p><p> </p><p> </p>

D

dolfanshan

Yep $10...got lucky and landed a good union job about 11 years ago

D

Dont_trip

Paying without my insurance since it will not cover it They wanted 300$ for a bottle of watson ha No thank you.If I go to a compound pharmacy they hook me up with pfizer cyp for 80$...I love pharma don't get me wrong but 300$ a bottle it better come with someone to do my injections for that price

H

Hivoltrainer

ask your Dr to allow Generic sub's. they can give you the generic option. Most likely Sun Pharma  test cyp. Just as good IMO. 

milkin

Yes, watson is what I use to get for under $20/10ml but now they want close to $90 all of the sudden. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this price increase. Again, nothing has changed with my coverage.

milkin

Oh yes HVT doc gave me generic sub but I was just wondering why the sudden spike in $$. Usually around the beginning of the third quarter, July -sept, there is always a shortage of testosterone. Must be all the ugl's hoarding up the raw's.

milkin

Yeah KP, I have seen the gradual increase in prices but it literally jumped 350% in one month. Called both ins company and pharmacy and nothing has changed at all with plan coverage. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten a script filled this past week and noticed that kind if increase.

Outlawthing

I'm about to get script refilled so I will keep u informed mine is Watson cost me 60. $ a bottle now had sun pharma  same price as watson

Bigstick_00

My brand is Perrigo and with my co-pay, a 90 day supply is about $18. How many different brands of test are there with a legit script?