quick question meal timing

blastthru23

Yeah, i looked at the macro profile on the container and was surprised to see how many carbs per serving for plain Greek yogurt. I liked the fat to protein ratio, but don't like the carb content. Unfortunately, i can't recall the grams per serving of carbs, but I'll take note this evening. Right now, my diet plan requires near zero carbs in meal 6. Can you recommend a brand? Maybe a store has it here on the west coast... I'm going to see what the trader Joe's brand has since i think that's where my lady bought it. Otherwise, i usually get Annie's  (i think thats the one, it comes in a huge batch).

blastthru23

My lady gets me the Greek Gods plain whole greek yogurt. 1/4 cup has 8.25g carbs, 3.5g fat, and 2g protein. Not so great, but I'm not sure yet what to compare it to just yet. Gonna look around.  Trader Joe's is total garbage.

SemperFi

Look at Oikos Triple Zero Greek Yogurt. Almost every national chain has it and it is usually on sale or has a coupon available.

0g fat, 0 added sugar, 0 artificial sweeteners and 15g Protien for a 5.3oz serving. I add a scoop of unflavored hydrolyzed whey protein to mine. Most flavors have 14g of carbs with 6g of natural sugar.

I am certain you can find better searching around. I just offered this up because it is the brand my wife buys and we share.

SEMPER FI

blastthru23

Yep seen it all over the place. I like that idea. I want type o use yogurt primarily as a fat source since adding olive oil to a chunk of cabbage and piece chicken breast pretty much finds its way to the bottom of the bowl. If i add a scoop of yogurt to the meal mixed with olive oil problem solved with the benefit of added protein.  Thanks :)

blastthru23

Worked a couple rest-pause sets into quad day this evening. Love it! Used r-p on quad extensions and reverse hacks, though on hacks i worked just shy of fail; on QE's went to failure. Delicious burn! RP's will definitely be a staple technique.

M

Mister A

Glad you liked it. I use them on extensions and leg curls. I like them on machines for the bigger body parts. Stuff like the Hammer chest presses and close grip lat pulldowns. I think they're very effective at getting to those deep fibers. I use them for about 10% of my sets now. The rest is just heavy straight sets. Nothing fancy about my training right now.