Salmon with Green Bean Puttanesca

SharonKY

[[{"fid":"29599","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]

Alrighty, here is what I came up with for dinner tonight...

Salmon
Green Beans (fresh)
Garlic, minced
Anchovies
Grape Tomato, havled
Olive Oil
Black Olives (low sodium)

Salt
Pepper
Basil
Oregano

Balsamic glaze/reduction (in the vinegar aisle)

Blanch green beans for 3 minutes then shock in ice bath to stop cooking.  Dry on towels.  Heat olive oil in pan and add 6-8 anchovy fillets, allow to met in to the oil over medium heat.  Add garlic and green beans.  Cook until green beans are browned slightly.  Add tomatoes and olives and stir.  Reduce heat to low and cook for 6 mins, until tomatoes are wilted slightly.

Spray pan with coconut oil and place salmon that has been seasoned with salt and pepper in the pan, meat side down.  Brown for 5 minutes over medium heat and flip to crisp the skin and finish cooking. 

When plating, add a drizzle of balsamic glaze to the salmon and some shredded parmasean cheese.

Hope you like it as much as I do!

SemperFi

Looks like heaven on a plate Sharon!

Steelhead are running in my neck of the woods so fresh fish is "what's for dinner".

SEMPER FI

SharonKY

• Calories 257.6
  • Total Fat 12.9 g
  • Saturated Fat 1.9 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat 2.7 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat 7.4 g
  • Cholesterol 60.4 mg
  • Sodium 450.4 mg
  • Potassium 375.9 mg
  • Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
  • Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
  • Sugars 3.0 g
  • Protein 25.1 g

• Vitamin A 21.7 %
  • Vitamin B-12 49.6 %
  • Vitamin B-6 10.4 %
  • Vitamin C 44.0 %
  • Vitamin D 0.0 %
  • Vitamin E 4.7 %
  • Calcium 8.7 %
  • Copper 7.7 %
  • Folate 1.2 %
  • Iron 17.0 %
  • Magnesium 8.0 %
  • Manganese 1.3 %
  • Niacin 40.2 %
  • Pantothenic Acid 7.8 %
  • Phosphorus 26.2 %
  • Riboflavin 4.5 %
  • Selenium 73.7 %
  • Thiamin 11.4 %
  • Zinc 5.0 %

Dolf

Looks delicious sharon! +2

Also a lot better choice than the Asian sauced meals. Lots lower sodium.

SharonKY

Yes Dolf.  That sauce is actually my stand in for soy sauce....balsamic vinegar reduction....a little pricey so I make my own and put like garlic mixed in.  My last cheat day I had some sweet potato oven fries and used that with a little tomato paste as my ketchup. Lawdy lawdy!