Squat rack outside?

Gainz.

So as most of you guys know I have my little gym in my bedroom. It's more than enough for my day to day workouts.
But recently I've been wanting to improve my overall strength.
275lb bench
325 squat
400 deadlift
150 strict curl.
While I can deadlift and strict curl as much as I want in my bedroom... Squat and bench above a certain weight are.... Sketchy at best!
I have a hardwood floor and a basement below me... Not to mention my barbell on the rack is 2.5ft away from my entertainment center in my bedroom.
So dumping weight or bailing... Really isn't an option!
I'm either going to take out my entertainment center or go through my floor!

So my plan is to buy a cheap used squat rack from FB marketplace or Craigslist.
I've already found a few I like.
Nothing crazy.... Anywhere from $50 to $150 bucks.
This way I can go as heavy as I want and if I have to bail, my weights end up on my lawn.

But here's the run... Even though I live in a very nice neighborhood. We have 3 neighborhoods around us that aren't nice... The people there love to come and steal from us. Especially those fuckin scrapper guys!
Last summer we bought a nice metal and glass patio set, a table and 4 chairs... 6 fuckin days until it was gone!
Some fuckers in a truck pulled up threw it all in the back and took off. And you could see all the other "scrap" (other peoples stuff) they had in the back.

So I really don't want to spend $50-150 bucks just to have some fuckers take it in a week.

So... Any ideas how I can... Secure it? I thought about running chain or just metal cable around it and locking it to my fence or something... But apparently these fuckers are prepared and have bolt cutters on hand. (From several talks I've had with other neighbors who have had shit stolen)
And I really don't want to spend $200 on a huge fuckin chain they can't cut.

So... Any ideas..
These are the 4 I'm currently looking at. I really like the yellow the most... Gives me the most options. (Squat, bench, pullups, can hang my cable system from it)
But how to secure it... Idk.
Maybe some of you old construction pros might have an idea or 2?

Attachments

• received_1503325520246889.jpeg
    received_1503325520246889.jpeg
    381 KB · Views: 2
  • received_704276671920358.jpeg
    received_704276671920358.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 2

Crazy Eddie

😆😆😜
But if that’s not an option just use concrete anchor bolts and bolt it to the patio. You’ll need a hammer drill for that though.

Gainz.

Get a mean dog. Problem solved.
I have a male 60lb pitbull and a 75lb female pitbull Cane Corso mix. She's... Not nice!
She hates other dogs and doesn't trust other people.
But our yard isn't fenced in... And even if it was... Our dogs wouldn't be outside at 3am-4am when they like to come by.

😆😆😜
But if that’s not an option just use concrete anchor bolts and bolt it to the patio. You’ll need a hammer drill for that though.

I don't have a patio... Well... I do... But it's our rear entry way. Actually it's our only entrance way. My house is very... Odd. Our front door leads into her sons bedroom. Because he's 12 and I don't trust people.. it's padlocked shut. We live in a big house that's been transformed into a 2 family house. That and our landlord is a very cheap foreigner... So lots of things don't make sense.

My rear (front) porch is probably 8ft long and 15ft wide. But with everything that's out there already... There's just no room for a rack. (Lots of kids shit that they actually use pretty regularly... My kids aren't allowed to live in front of a screen)

So I really want to put it in the yard... On the grass!
Not only because I'll have all the room in the world, but if I have to dump a squat or bench... It just ends up on my grass.
But the concrete does give me an idea...

Crazy Eddie

You could splice the ends of an extension cord and plug it in and electrify the rack so if anyone touches it they get the piss shocked out of them 😂😂😂

Gainz.

So... I was looking at these, the things below in the picture. But not exactly sure how strong they are. So the concrete gave me an idea.
Maybe if I combine the 2?
Dig a whole, fill it with concrete and set these in there... Then secure all 4 sides of the rack to an individual stake... I think that might do it.
It doesn't have to be bullet proof... It just has to be sturdy enough to discourage them from trying!
I know how thieves work.. if they can't just cut grab and go... They aren't going to take it.
So it just has to be sturdy enough to discourage them.
Basically a few quick pulls and pushes... If it doesn't move, they are going to move on.
Everyone has cameras and motion lights.
(Including us) Our next door neighbor has cameras that say "smile you're being recorded" when you cross a certain point. I mean that's how bad the stealing has gotten around here.
So I know they aren't going to spend more than a minute trying to steal it.

I might even drill a hole through the legs of the rack itself and put the stakes right through the rack... That way I don't have to rely on cables or chains.

Idk... This already seems like a lot of fuckin work... God damnit I hate thieves!
You'd think being jacked, 2 big dogs, second amendment stickers and a full-fledged security system would be enough to discourage these idiots.

Anyone have any less complicated ways...

Attachments

• received_1634499954021060.jpeg
    received_1634499954021060.jpeg
    221.9 KB · Views: 1

Crazy Eddie

Yeah the stake in the concrete pot to hold it in the ground would be enough to deter them, temporarily. 😆
Man I had a 9k dollar dirt bike stolen from me this summer… out of a double locked trailer… that was parked all the way back on the side of my friends house. And he lives in the mountains of Colorado. They took one of the two dirt bikes that were in there. Dumb shits threw out probably 5-6k dollars worth of riding equipment, knee braces,helmets,boots, like multiple pair lol. Chest pro. Pants and jerseys. Threw it all out the back to take just the bike. So yeah I fukn hate thieves also.
Thats not the first bike I’ve had stolen either. I’m just really glad I wasn’t there that night because I would have been sleeping in my van that would have been parked in front of my trailer. And I definitely would have shot them. And then I’d be in some trouble, and I don’t want that. 😂
It’s really sad actually what our country has become and how society has gotten.
The theft is at an all time high now. Cant have nothing nice anymore, without some dick head trying to steal it

Gainz.

Yeah the stake in the concrete pot to hold it in the ground would be enough to deter them, temporarily. 😆
Man I had a 9k dollar dirt bike stolen from me this summer… out of a double locked trailer… that was parked all the way back on the side of my friends house. And he lives in the mountains of Colorado. They took one of the two dirt bikes that were in there. Dumb shits threw out probably 5-6k dollars worth of riding equipment, knee braces,helmets,boots, like multiple pair lol. Chest pro. Pants and jerseys. Threw it all out the back to take just the bike. So yeah I fukn hate thieves also.
Thats not the first bike I’ve had stolen either. I’m just really glad I wasn’t there that night because I would have been sleeping in my van that would have been parked in front of my trailer. And I definitely would have shot them. And then I’d be in some trouble, and I don’t want that. 😂
It’s really sad actually what our country has become and how society has gotten.
The theft is at an all time high now. Cant have nothing nice anymore, without some dick head trying to steal it

Yeah... I know the guys that are stealing scrap... well I don't "know" them... But I've seen them around. They are super tiny skinny... Drunk Crack heads. So I don't think they have the body weight to rip out a rack that's been bolted into concrete. Plus I don't see them spending a lot of time trying to steal a $100 squat rack they can scrap for $10. A $9,000 dirt bike... People are willing to put more effort into stealing.
These guys aren't exactly thinkers 🤣😂.

I want to put it where the red is... Either along the shed or along the fence. And don't ask why I can't put my gym in the fuckin shed... That fuckin shed... Let's just say me and my landlord are no longer on speaking terms because of that fuckin thing!!!
But I figured if I tuck it there... You won't see it driving by.
If they can't see it... They won't want to steal it.
There's also a motion light on the front of that shed, 2 on the porch I'm standing under and another on the right side of the house facing the shed. So if you walk in my yard at night... It turns to day very quickly! There's also a camera on the left side of the fence being blocked by... I think those are humming birds. And then another camera on the porch.

Attachments

• received_783804656515696.jpeg
    received_783804656515696.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 4