staying motivated.....

N

noveskeelite

Lately I feel like I have lost allll desire to train. Ive even considered coming off for awhile. What do some of you do to stay motivated?

I know everyone goes through dry spells where we just aren't motivated. Im always open to new ideas tho........

My Man, motivation comes from within. It's how bad you want it. I would suggest looking at some training videos.. google Ronnie Coleman: Unbelievable and watch that, and tell me you're not in beast mode.. Also look up the motivational speaker Les Brown. Les will make your heart burn with desire my friend. 

Standingup

I agree with that but sometimes a little break does wonders.  I think the key is to set a date as to when your break will end otherwise it can just slip in to a forever kind of thing.

D

dolfanshan

I get that myself sometimes. That's usually when I stop doing the same old shit in the gym and change it up a bit. Also I'm a loner at the gym, but that's where having a good partner comes in handy. Cross fit is completely out of the question though. Lol

N

noveskeelite

My training partner got a umbillical hernia and needs.surgery. so im solo for now. Usually goals are a great way to stay motivated but I just dont care about getting stronger.lately. hopefully the fire starts burning again

Standingup

So try what I suggested.  Take a look at the calendar, take a date one or two weeks away , circle it and take a short break till then.  You might find one or two weeks after you return you will be stronger than ever.

D

dolfanshan

Have you considered bodybuilding? Some of the best bodybuilders started as power lifters. It may be a good change of pace and challenge to keep you motivated. Maybe enter a contest to keep you motivated. 

N

noveskeelite

a little break is probably what im gonna do. sometimes just forgetting about training for 2 weeks is all it takes to get going again. need a break mentally more than physically. Im not beat up or overtrained just not very motivated mentally.