TRT Bizarreness

First off, I want to apologize to my fellow members for how quiet I have been on here. All of the active members know this isn't like me but I have had a tremendous amount of things going on in my life over the past few months that my time reading, responding and postings has been at a minimum.

Anyway, to keep this short I have been slowly going through the process of starting Rx TRT. After a long journey consisting of two doctors (one being a friend who will not prescribe TRT) and her recommended colleague (who doesn't know all about my sordid past), four blood tests and a ultrasound of my junk, I'm finally on TRT, sort of. Or maybe call it a light cycle...? Shit, I don't know what it call it or what he's trying to do but he prescribed 100mg Test C/week for the next 12 weeks. Then wait two weeks, draw bloods and start a 4 week course of Clomid. Then draw bloods again and see where my numbers are.

To say my jaw was on the floor this afternoon when he outlined this protocol is an understatement. Outside of the dosage, this is most basic AAS cycle of them all! It took everything I had not to burst out laughing and wanting to say some smart ass comment or two.  

His thought process is that this will perk me up (no pun intended) and then try to restart my junk back into "normal" mode. In al my research, I have never heard of doing this with a possible long term TRT patient. Doubly so with me who's Test numbers keep falling months after my last cycle and PCT has ended.  

Anyone able to share any thoughts on this who is on RX TRT? I'm completely flabbergasted and pretty much at a loss for words. (which is a major accomplishment) 

SemperFi

I have heard this story time and time again Razor. It took me almost 2 years to land the right professional medical help.

My initial thoughts are to kick this doc to the curb and find an ND or clinic who specializes in TRT.

SEMPER FI

Thanks SF. I'm heavily experienced with dealing with normal old PCT protocols. The TRT world is new to me.

I actually really like this Dr as a person (he's hilarious too) but this line of thinking on this protocol is what has me confused. If my numbers are X to start with, go up to Y after a while on a low dose of test, and then settle at Z right after a round of Clomid, wouldn't it be safe to argue that after a few months after the Clomid I'll be right back at level X? 

Griz

Hey, Scott. Congrats on your decision to seek TRT. X2 SF on the kicking this doc to the curb, but your algebra isn't necessarily right.

Without knowing your gear history, your doctor is approaching this like you're just a normal guy with low natural T. So let's say you're at 250ng/dl. 100mg of test a week could get you to about 600ng/dl. So you're about halfway through the range. An aggressive Clomid PCT can actually get your levels significantly higher than 250ng/dl. Maybe 500. (It should be noted these numbers are used figuratively just to give an example.) Which puts you in the normal range and, consequently, removes the need for Rx TRT. Only problem is you still feel like shit.

Your doc is going by whatever book he happened to find to tell him how to handle this. 100mg a week isn't going to shut you down hard. You'll shut down, but your ability to bounce back won't be hindered. Only thing he has off is the duration of your cycle. 12 weeks is too long. But that's what they do since they only pin once a week rather than EOD.

However, if you've got 10+ heavy cycles under your belt then this is all for naught since you're going to be shut down considerably harder than the normal guy with low natural T due to your body's acclimation to using synthetic hormones.

I didn't even have to come off to get prescribed TRT. I told my Doc that I didn't want Rx TRT because I wasn't willing to sit around for weeks or months with my Test bottomed out so they can decide I need it. But it required me being honest about everything to be treated properly. Which is good because when my AST was 297 from the Drol, she was expecting a triple digit number.

You'll know you have the right doxtor when he/she admits they don't know everything about steroids and is open to lsitening to you explain things to them so they can then go and do their own research. The ones who won't listen because they think they've already learned everything they need to know in medixal school are the ones you need to walk away from.