your advice needed

icongibbs

I've been out of the game for a while and need start up advice.I'm 30 lbs over weight and I'm looking to shed fat and get ripped.tell me where to begin and amounts to take. I've got a local supplier but a couple of online suggestions would help me and be grately appreciated. I was told xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx was great and a+ service and quality. Thanks for the help :)

Dolf

Hey brother a couple of things here for you. 

First you should make an intro and let the community welcome you before asking questions like these.

Second you should read and review the rules. Here's a link to them http://musclegurus.to/content/rules-and-guidelines

Third after reading the rules you'll know that you can't talk about sources in open forum.

Look forward to your intro, and there's plenty of knowledge and knowledgeable members here that can lead you down the right path.

A

Axle

After you read up on the rules don't be afraid to get some answers on this question bro.  MG is the most laid back site that I know of.    

IMO bro first you need to figure out what's important to you, the number of the scale-or you body fat percentage.  Two totally different angles.  I would start by figuring out you body fat percentage.  If you wanting to just drop weight then focus on the scale.  If your wanting to increase muscle mass then focus on body fat %.     Once you get up to speed fill us in and there is a lot of knowledge on this site to help.

Tuff

First and foremost, your diet is, I would say 50% of what you look like, and 20% genetics . Throw in some exercise/activity and that will help determine what your structure (muscles) look like. As we all know, you can take 2 guys, both 6', and 210 lbs. Based on their eating and exercise habits, they may have completely different looking bodies. Its hard to recommend what "you need" without knowing your eating and cardio dynamics. On that note, welcome to MG. You will love it hear, very laid back, but there are rules to follow.

csancheezy

my brother, at least not from me lol.. the reason why is because it is incredibly easy to roam around the site and read cycle logs and thread after thread about weight loss, compounds and everything in between.. not to mention the million other resources accessible right at the stroke of a keyboard. If you want to lose 30 lbs and get jacked it is gonna require some HARD work and dedication, not just "tell me where to begin and amounts to take". Nope doesnt work like that amigo. What gets people where they wanna be is determination and mental discipline, and if you wanna develop some of that then you should definetly be able to put in the time researching on diet, training, supplementation, and compounds.. at this point most of your research should be centered around proper dieting. We are here to help you but it is always your efforts that are the first bulding block in this deal. 

fatboy1937

A couple of years ago, I went from ~22% to ~17% just by changing my diet to 40/40/20, cut fried foods and refined sugar/processed foods and briskly walking a couple of miles per day.  That's it.  For us men, it doesn't take much to lose a lil weight.  But it takes 1000% mental focus.  Many nights at family card game nights, they would be eating ice cream while I had a couple hand full of almonds to snack on.... Good luck!

Dolf

Taking gear and training is the easy part. Diet discipline is by far the hardest part. At least for me it is. Sometimes you can fall off that wagon and it's damn hard to get back on.