Taking a break

• Thread starter Deleted member 45086
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45086

Had a dilemma pop up. My wife told me to stop AAS. She said I am getting too big, seriously. Said when I put my arm around her at night it feels like a tree is across her. So of course I told her I would stop. Marriage is way more important to me. I never set out to be a bodybuilder just to get back in shape. In a couple of years I have added 30-40 lbs of muscle easily. I figure I can keep most of it for years even if I don't cycle again. Still gonna lift and eat right. I bet I have added years to my life by taking the plunge into steroids, lifting, nutrition so I have no regrets of any kind. Still gonna stay on here and help out from time to time.

HGH.to

That's actually not that bad. taking a break from steroids, especially when you don't want to grow anymore, isn't a bad thing at all. continuing to workout and diet is the way to go. moreover, if you're going to miss the feeling of being on roids, you could still go the lower doses and with the cutting roids that would make you harder instead of bigger (y)

rosoo

Couldn't agree more with HGH.to :) and @Bigbelly brother your advice and encouragement had really helped me a lot throughout the journey and i really want to thank you, HGH.to, suppforlife and other that had been always helping other new team member in this forum :)

and happy to hear that @Bigbelly brother will continue to stay and continue to help others, i will also try to learn up more day by day so that i can also lend a helping hand to those field that i have knowledge to it :)

Gainz.

Have to make the wife happy. Just make sure you stil find time for yourself and doing what makes you happy!

Twizted

Had a dilemma pop up. My wife told me to stop AAS. She said I am getting too big, seriously. Said when I put my arm around her at night it feels like a tree is across her. So of course I told her I would stop. Marriage is way more important to me. I never set out to be a bodybuilder just to get back in shape. In a couple of years I have added 30-40 lbs of muscle easily. I figure I can keep most of it for years even if I don't cycle again. Still gonna lift and eat right. I bet I have added years to my life by taking the plunge into steroids, lifting, nutrition so I have no regrets of any kind. Still gonna stay on here and help out from time to time.
This is an example of big boy problems, maybe one day my arm will be big enough to crush my wife in her sleep 😆. You better keep your ass in the forums though, loads of ppl can use advice as good as yours. I know it helped me a great deal.

D

Deleted member 45086

This is an example of big boy problems, maybe one day my arm will be big enough to crush my wife in her sleep 😆. You better keep your ass in the forums though, loads of ppl can use advice as good as yours. I know it helped me a great deal.
Oh I ain't going nowhere till I know your ok.

Gainz.

I hate to be that guy... the guy that always has a similar story... but since we all enjoy the same things, I figure we're all gonna have similar experiences.
I know I was just talking about how my girl asked me how much bigger I plan on getting in a different post. One of the things that brought that up was her complaining about me cuddling with her at night. I have to make sure my arm is over her ribs, and not her stomach. Apparently its uncomfortable for her. And I'm not nearly as "girthy" as @Bigbelly
But I have gained almost 50lbs since we've met, so shes definitely adjusting to my new size. She also makes fun of me because she can hear me walking through the house now. Apparently before my 137lb (of solid muscle) frame didn't make much noise walking through the house. But now my 183lbs is shaking the floor and causing nick nacks and other things to make noise throughout the house.

I almost didn't share the story because I can't stand the "one upper"
You know that guy, he always has a story slightly better than the one you just said... I really dislike that person. I try very hard not to come off like that.

Last edited:

bobby ricky

Really you mountain of a man? I’ll have time to catch up 😂 Are you staying on testosterone or pct off? I’m glad you’re not leaving us. Sometimes I’m in the gym and contemplate quitting just because I’ll never have the body I want. One thing’s for sure you will have alot more money.

bobby ricky

Really you mountain of a man? I’ll have time to catch up 😂 Are you staying on testosterone or pct off? I’m glad you’re not leaving us. Sometimes I’m in the gym and contemplate quitting just because I’ll never have the body I want. One thing’s for sure you will have alot more money.

D

Deleted member 45086

I'm not sure. I got sooooo much testosterone in my body right now it will take weeks if not a couple of months to get within normal range. 😂

Gainz.

I'm not sure. I got sooooo much testosterone in my body right now it will take weeks if not a couple of months to get within normal range. 😂
I'm curious to see how you maintain it.
Because of a conversation @Twizted and I recently had, I realized that I've never had to maintain before. I've always been focused on growing. But what happens when I get to my ideal weight? I've never had to maintain, I'm not sure I know how.

Twizted

Because of a conversation @Twizted and I recently had, I realized that I've never had to maintain before. I've always been focused on growing. But what happens when I get to my ideal weight? I've never had to maintain, I'm not sure I know how.
Maintaining is easier than growing, or atleast in my opinion it is. When I was in shape before I maintained it for a good while. To maintain you don't have to workout as often and you don't have to push as hard. You also don't have to constantly cram calories such is nice.

The hardest part for me is keeping the motivation. I'm someone who absolutely loves seeing the changes my body makes, that's part of what really motivates me. If I'm maintaining nothing really changes so I have to keep my motivation up in other ways.

D

Deleted member 45086

Maintaining is easier than growing, or atleast in my opinion it is. When I was in shape before I maintained it for a good while. To maintain you don't have to workout as often and you don't have to push as hard. You also don't have to constantly cram calories such is nice.

The hardest part for me is keeping the motivation. I'm someone who absolutely loves seeing the changes my body makes, that's part of what really motivates me. If I'm maintaining nothing really changes so I have to keep my motivation up in other ways.
👍. Yep. I will have to increase cardio and try to cut some BF. Maintenance is boring and a psychological nightmare. Gotta be working towards something.

Gainz.

👍. Yep. I will have to increase cardio and try to cut some BF. Maintenance is boring and a psychological nightmare. Gotta be working towards something.
If that's the case I might switch to strength training when I finally get there. I know you can get much stronger without getting much bigger. I definitely don't want to lose the motivation to workout.

bobby ricky

I’ve never worked out with the intention of maintaining always growing. So couldn’t tell you how to maintain 💪

Gainz.

yes you can. that's why there are different types of trainings - for strength and for hypertrophy (muscle growth).
Absolutely, I found this out for myself many moons ago in my quest to bench 300lbs. For 6 months I trained to get my bench from 225 to 300lb. I did it, but I didn't get much bigger. Not like I thought, back then I thought heavier weights means bigger muscles. It's so weird that's not the case.

D

Deleted member 45086

Well I can tell my test level is dropping so I took an arm measurement because this will more than likely be the biggest they ever get. 20 1/4. Not too shabby 😂.