Hi everyone: Need advice on TRT (Female)

catanac

I need some advice on starting TRT to improve a low libido and training performance.

I was losing a large amount of hair and mentioned this to a friend at the gym. Since I’m in my 50’s their first thought was very low testosteron, they see this in many females. I was diagnosed at almost 0 free testosterone during my last lab test over a year ago. I was reluctant to try but decided to go for it since I was shedding more than the cat. I was given an injection of 180mg and booster of 120mg after two weeks of Sustanon 250. Miraculously, the hair loss stopped completely and my libido woke up. The only side effects I‘ve noticed was excess oily skin and some bloating of the face.

Since then I’ve stopped and would like to continue on a much lower dosage, perhaps once a week (I’m thinking between 5-20mg would love your suggestions) preferably a testosterone with fewer esters than Sustanon. I was looking at Cypionate or Suspension but I’m very confused at this point.

Would love some advice on the a good injection dosage to star for a female and type of testosterone Cypionate or Suspension? Also, would Sustanon 250 continue to work well, I‘m just scared of what the extra esters Would do in the long run.

Thanks in advance! :)

Gainz.

Longer esters have no long term side effects..
And test suspension you would have to pin everyday. Test suspension or test base is test with no ester... Only lasts 4hrs.

I recommend test c.
Mix with some bac water to make pinning easier.

As far as weekly dosage... IDK.
Women are so vastly different than men.
You can start low like 10mg a week and see how you feel after a few weeks and get bloods done and go up in dose if needed... Or you can start high 25mg per week... Wait get bloods done and drop in dosage if needed.
That's only something you and your blood work will figure out.

The problem is trying to draw 25mg from a 250mg per ml solution.
And you should be pinning twice a week... So 12.5mg on Monday and 12.5mg on Thursday (I'm just using 25mg as a reference point... Plus it makes the math easier 😁)
So that's .05ml
Hence mixing with sterile water. This should make things much easier

suppsforlife

Longer esters have no long term side effects..
And test suspension you would have to pin everyday. Test suspension or test base is test with no ester... Only lasts 4hrs.

I recommend test c.
Mix with some bac water to make pinning easier.

As far as weekly dosage... IDK.
Women are so vastly different than men.
You can start low like 10mg a week and see how you feel after a few weeks and get bloods done and go up in dose if needed... Or you can start high 25mg per week... Wait get bloods done and drop in dosage if needed.
That's only something you and your blood work will figure out.

The problem is trying to draw 25mg from a 250mg per ml solution.
And you should be pinning twice a week... So 12.5mg on Monday and 12.5mg on Thursday (I'm just using 25mg as a reference point... Plus it makes the math easier 😁)
So that's .05ml
Hence mixing with sterile water. This should make things much easier
100% right.
Test for females are not recommended, but since you need it for health purpose, you should go for very low dosage. Test Cyp will work fine. 1 or max twice a week administrations. Dosage should be up to 25 mg/day for pretty good results. (haven't you discussed with a doctor about it?).
forget about suspension because it needs daily administration. Sustanon works fine for some, but many suggest it doesn't keep levels as stable as Test Cyp or Enanthate.

Gainz.

100% right.
Test for females are not recommended, but since you need it for health purpose, you should go for very low dosage. Test Cyp will work fine. 1 or max twice a week administrations. Dosage should be up to 25 mg/day for pretty good results. (haven't you discussed with a doctor about it?).
forget about suspension because it needs daily administration. Sustanon works fine for some, but many suggest it doesn't keep levels as stable as Test Cyp or Enanthate.

I think sust would be the worst possible thing for her.
If memory is correct sust is
30mg of pro
60mg of phen
60mg of iso
100mg of d

Because she'd be pinning twice a week at such a low dose, 3 of the 4 esters would be out of her system in 2 days. More than half of her dose.

Demi.Human

I'd recommend a gel for safer dosing. I'd also exhaust legitimate medical avenues before self administering.

Physiological changes brought on by virilisation are mostly a one way street, mostly.

@Gainz. Proviron?

Gainz.

I was referring to Sustanon 250
Because of her extremely small dosage requirements and 3 of the 4 esters in sust are 2 days or less... I feel like she would get either extreme peaks and valleys... Or because the fast esters are such a small dose... She wouldn't get any benefits at all.
I mean... What is 3mg of test pro gonna do to a female over 2 days?
I'm genuinely curious..
I know females don't need a lot... 20mg a week is usually more than enough.
But I just don't see how extremely small doses of fast esters would benefit her in any way.
Hence why test e or c would be much better for her.... I think...
Or a cream... I agree with you there. They come in much smaller doses and no pin.
@catanac
Have you looked into the pellets?
Apparently they are extremely helpful for females, they have test, est and prolactin in them (doses depending on your needs) https://biote.com/women-hormone-imbalance/pellet-therapy
Is a very good place to start. And (if I remember correctly) you only have to get them injected every few months... Instead of twice a week (or more) like us meat heads.
My soon to be fiancee is perry menopausal, and these pellets are something we're looking into for the near future. She's right on the boarder of normal low, but she has severe menstrual cramps and all that fun stuff
(A forum for gear heads and I'm talking about menstrual cramps...😂🤣... 2023 is wild)

catanac

I was referring to Sustanon 250
Because of her extremely small dosage requirements and 3 of the 4 esters in sust are 2 days or less... I feel like she would get either extreme peaks and valleys... Or because the fast esters are such a small dose... She wouldn't get any benefits at all.
I mean... What is 3mg of test pro gonna do to a female over 2 days?
I'm genuinely curious..
I know females don't need a lot... 20mg a week is usually more than enough.
But I just don't see how extremely small doses of fast esters would benefit her in any way.
Hence why test e or c would be much better for her.... I think...
Or a cream... I agree with you there. They come in much smaller doses and no pin.
@catanac
Have you looked into the pellets?
Apparently they are extremely helpful for females, they have test, est and prolactin in them (doses depending on your needs) https://biote.com/women-hormone-imbalance/pellet-therapy
Is a very good place to start. And (if I remember correctly) you only have to get them injected every few months... Instead of twice a week (or more) like us meat heads.
My soon to be fiancee is perry menopausal, and these pellets are something we're looking into for the near future. She's right on the boarder of normal low, but she has severe menstrual cramps and all that fun stuff
(A forum for gear heads and I'm talking about menstrual cramps...😂🤣... 2023 is wild)

I was looking into pellets but I got mixed feedback, they give an immediate boost then slowly decrease but I haven’t ruled those out just yet. I got great advice here, I think I’ll start on the test c 10mg twice a week and see how that goes. I’m in Canada so not sure how easy it is to get, are there any reliable places online that you could suggest?

Thanks again, you guys are the best! 😊

suppsforlife

I was looking into pellets but I got mixed feedback, they give an immediate boost then slowly decrease but I haven’t ruled those out just yet. I got great advice here, I think I’ll start on the test c 10mg twice a week and see how that goes. I’m in Canada so not sure how easy it is to get, are there any reliable places online that you could suggest?

Thanks again, you guys are the best! 😊
it's against this forum rules to share online places, but you could check my avatar/name.
nonetheless, I still recommend talking with a doctor regarding it. Or you already did?

Demi.Human

@Gainz. Do you reckon proviron could work here?

I think it was designed for something similar.

I have zero experience with ladies endocrinology and would appreciate some other thoughts on this.

Gainz.

@Gainz. Do you reckon proviron could work here?

I think it was designed for something similar.

I have zero experience with ladies endocrinology and would appreciate some other thoughts on this.

Honestly bro... That's a great question...
I know female bodybuilders have had great results with it.
Because it's thought of as more mild than test e.
But as far as long term hrt for women... That's where my knowledge stops.
I would imagine yes... It's safer with less sides... But I just don't know if it's ever been used long term on females

catanac

it's against this forum rules to share online places, but you could check my avatar/name.
nonetheless, I still recommend talking with a doctor regarding it. Or you already did?

I’m suppose to see my doctor next month to take more blood work and see what options there are. I was placed on Estrogen gel last year and it did nothing to relieve my symptoms, the hair loss was scary, I was seeing bare patches on my scalp.

The two high dosages (180 &120mg) of sustanon 250 stopped the hair loss completely and relieved all my symptoms but I don’t know how long the positive effects will last, it’s been 3 weeks and I’m still good. I would never go beyond 10-20mg a week now, I’m just wondering how long to wait until I do a maintenance shot of test cyp and where to find it aside from the gym.

On another note, my training has been amazing, I think I’ve always been low on test, sadly the majority of doctors focus on the female hormones in women, especially here in Canada.

I’m so lucky and grateful to have found this forum, I‘m now more aware of different options and right dosages.😊

catanac

Honestly bro... That's a great question...
I know female bodybuilders have had great results with it.
Because it's thought of as more mild than test e.
But as far as long term hrt for women... That's where my knowledge stops.
I would imagine yes... It's safer with less sides... But I just don't know if it's ever been used long term on females
For some reason Estrogen gel had increased the hair loss and hardly did anything to help my other symptoms. Test worked like magic, the only side effect I experienced from the two shots was an increase of oily skin, I glowed from a far, I’m talking oil slick here. 😂

I would never take a high dosage again, just hoping I can perhaps take another maintenance low dosage shot of test cyp this time to keep the positive effects going before I deplete again.

suppsforlife

The two high dosages (180 &120mg) of sustanon 250 stopped the hair loss completely and relieved all my symptoms but I don’t know how long the positive effects will last, it’s been 3 weeks and I’m still good. I would never go beyond 10-20mg a week now, I’m just wondering how long to wait until I do a maintenance shot of test cyp and where to find it aside from the gym.
Sustanon has 4 esters of testosterone in it. 2 of which are short, 2 are long. There's one very long one that is still likely lingering in your system after 3 weeks. You could wait until the bloodwork (the next month) to see how your test levels are then and how you'll feel until then. even the longest testosterone should be out of the system by that time.

Demi.Human

For some reason Estrogen gel had increased the hair loss and hardly did anything to help my other symptoms. Test worked like magic, the only side effect I experienced from the two shots was an increase of oily skin, I glowed from a far, I’m talking oil slick here. 😂

I would never take a high dosage again, just hoping I can perhaps take another maintenance low dosage shot of test cyp this time to keep the positive effects going before I deplete again.
I'm sure there is a testosterone gel available, branded as androgel I think.

The gel would let you get a much more accurate and consistent dosage, the difference of 0.1ml could be hugely damaging for you if sustained dosage.

My first port of call after attempting to get gel or sublingual tablets from a legitimate doctor would be a low dose of Proviron, half a pill a day spilt in two doses, so a quarter at a time. A higher dosage may be required, but give it a week at the lowest dose you can to check for bad side effects.

You probably won't get Proviron on prescription, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
If you can't, all the sources on this site are legit. You've probably already spoken to some, pay close attention to people's names.

Gainz.

Yeah est gel would just make you feel worse.

But are you trying to build muscle?
Or are you looking for purely the health benefits?

catanac

Yeah est gel would just make you feel worse.

But are you trying to build muscle?
Or are you looking for purely the health benefits?
Looking to prevent the hair loss from coming back and build some muscle (feminine definition), I find since menopause, it’s harder to build muscle definition.

catanac

I'm sure there is a testosterone gel available, branded as androgel I think.

The gel would let you get a much more accurate and consistent dosage, the difference of 0.1ml could be hugely damaging for you if sustained dosage.

My first port of call after attempting to get gel or sublingual tablets from a legitimate doctor would be a low dose of Proviron, half a pill a day spilt in two doses, so a quarter at a time. A higher dosage may be required, but give it a week at the lowest dose you can to check for bad side effects.

You probably won't get Proviron on prescription, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
If you can't, all the sources on this site are legit. You've probably already spoken to some, pay close attention to people's names.
Proviron is on my list, I’ll definitely plead for a prescription. Would there be any permanent side effects?

catanac

Sustanon has 4 esters of testosterone in it. 2 of which are short, 2 are long. There's one very long one that is still likely lingering in your system after 3 weeks. You could wait until the bloodwork (the next month) to see how your test levels are then and how you'll feel until then. even the longest testosterone should be out of the system by that time.
That’s excellent info to know, I‘m happy I didn’t experience any permanent side effects from such a high dosage. I never thought test would give such positive results, my weight training endurance has increased like never before.

Demi.Human

Proviron is on my list, I’ll definitely plead for a prescription. Would there be any permanent side effects?
Potentially, using any testosterone or testosterone derived product could cause virilisation, or make you manly. That's why it's so important you keep the dose to the bare minimum.

I sense you want to keep your femininity, too much testosterone would be not help with this.