15 year old daughter

ally_gator

Hey guys my daughter is looking for some execises to gain speed and some light weight training for field hockey.Any suggestions would help? thanks.

etalon

bump also thorw in some wind sprints and do the same with roller blades..also if your looking for explosive power like a break away speeed for instance weighted groin lifts..most gyms have the machines..

mannyman

I found lots of success with Plyometrics when i played football... I had a huge boost in speed and mid to lower body strength when i was doing them.

As i'm sure you know power and speed are the focus of Plyo's and if done right they really will help!!!

GymCarrey

ally_gator, the best thing to do is hire someone to train your daughter. Look into a local training studio, a speed school or a sports specific training center. This will set here apart from everyone else. She will be taught the right way, the correct form and the best exercises for her sport and age. Not only will she learn you will also. This way you can work with her on your own when she is not with her trainer. This will be well spent money. Even pro's work with trainers on a daily basis. Good luck with it and enjoy the the ride with her. Its nice to see a parent involved at any level today with their children. Its nice to be proud of them isn't it!

ally_gator

thanks Gym and yes its fun I went through it with my sons one of which is getting letters of intent for football so its alot of fun