20gauge for drawing

siegmund

Tell you what I don't think I'm to fond of 20 gauge for drawing !! Yes I been using them for 3 years ,but I just had to throw 1/4 of a bottle of teen away ::((( and I'm not happy about it ,which means I must order agion !! 20 g bros tears up a stopper ,I seen a chunk in there ,at first I was like wtf ,,is this bad filtering etc then I realize its the stopper ,,so I carefully drew my shot to avoid and ended up with 2 ,pieces ,,any more I'm drawing with a 25 ,so what it takes longer ,but won't destroy ,the top,,,which makes me wonder how many bros get infection ??? Even after practicing safe ,and steril drawing ,,lots ,,myself I'm over kill I wash my hands ,then put alcohol on hands , then I clean site like 4 or 5 times with alcohol then bottle tops and sides ,, so I know if I get something ,the god dam drs office isn't half as safe as me ,,how many bros get infects from stoppers ,probley a lot more than we know ,,and makes good since ,,practice safe then infect ,bang 

N

noveskeelite

I use 20 gauge. yet to notice any chunks. I ALWAYS inspect barrel of syringe before I inject. Think its best to stick with 10ml vials if you draw with 20's tho less pokes into same stopper equals less chance of stopper chunking off.

siegmund

I only use 10ml vials ,,so far ,but after today ,,no more 20g ,, I'm sure one of them chinks can cause a nadty infection ,after 3 years ,never seen it till now ,,

N

noveskeelite

My friend has been poking his 50ml vial with a 20 for awhile now. No infections......might be possible but it's rare it seems. As safety precaution again like I said I just inspect oil in syringe before injecting. If you see an obvious floater that's not an air bubble just don't shoot it.

siegmund

1st time ever happen to me ! Also the second order with my source I put in has white stopper the origional grey ,, see im a thinker now I think some thing up with the gear ,, yez im crazy and I know it !! The 1st order was grey now whitd ??? I know but im crazy but im watching for differnce trust me .. 

N

noveskeelite

they more than likely use whatever they have on hand at time of brewing my man. I really wouldn't worry about it too much. even if you DID get a chunk in vial chances are it would never get through needle. just my thoughts anyways

siegmund

I know Nov ,but I stated I'm crazy ,,and I am I know it ,,I think conspiracy theory ,,lmao hey that's just crazy me

ultraclassic

I use 18 g to pull, 25 to inject. No waiting, no chunks. 18 g is a little harder t find but no waiting drawing the test!

csancheezy

I have used those big ole 18s also just to draw with also. But warning, sometimes when you use those you can have some leaking where the needle is inserted in the bottle because of how big a hole it makes.

B

Burrr

I use 20g to draw and have never seen any chunks of stopper come off, but then again... I'm old and have shitty vision.

Even a 23g is pretty slow to draw with. 

I suppose there is a difference in the durability of stoppers from one brand to another,.

Dolf

I draw with 20's myself. I pin with 23's, but sometimes use a 22g in the quads with thicker oils.

DiamondPharm

I know this thread is pretty old, but the quality of your stoppers is the main culprit to the chunks. If you stick a high grade stopper with normal technique with a 20g it's pretty damn hard to get chunks, ( it is possible if you punch out a whole with multiple jabs, think shooting the star out with bb gun at fair) but with a lower grade stopper a 22g can chunk it and a 20g is almost a certainty and that 18g is happening in every stick. Now if you use proper safe techniques, you won't actually get an infection like most think of it from a chunk but your body will force it out. 

DiamondPharm

Thanks, and for the record I draw with 20g and pin with 25g. Have been for about 4 years now. Love the ease of both those sizes for those purposes.