40/40/20

Khor20

I was told that with my cycle I should do a 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fats for my diet while running cycle. Is this good idea do you think  just stick with high Carlorie and protien?

M

Mister A

Due to your high bodyfat levels, I can't see how making carbs 40% of your diet is going to do anything other than make you fatter.

In fact I would say that you're a good candidate to try a ketogenic diet. At the very most I would only consume carbs pre and post workout. 25g pre-workout from brown rice. 25g post workout from white rice. That would be the absolute max I'd have your carbs set at. I'd shoot for 25% of your calories to come from healthy fat sources (avoid peanut butter because youll end up overeating it. Stick with coconut oil, olive oil, MCT oil) and then the rest of your calories I'd fill in with protein. That should give you close to 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Start with a 500 calorie deficit. (Your BMR + Calories expended - 500 calories.) Cut out all sugar, dairy and gluten.

Khor20

The 45% BF in my stats I just came up with its defly wrong but I need fat caliper to measure actual %. I weigh 203lbs and yrs ago I was really sick and dropped to 145lbs I was completely skin and bones so I figured 60lbs minus 15 of muscle so 45lbs of 203 is fat which still high but not 45% I'd be obese then:(

SemperFi

X2

This is a great starting point and solid advice to consider.

If carbs are going to be part of the diet while attempting to burn BF you must ensure that they come from healthy sources of whole foods and avoid most fruits.

Sugar is a brain addiction which requires discipline and lifestyle changes to overcome. Avoid processed foods at all costs.

SEMPER FI

M

Mister A

Yeah 45% you're gonna be very round. You probably can't see your dick. Hard to be 203 and 45% though. Your bones and organs can only weigh so little. Not to mention you're like 60% water.

Let's say you're 20%. You still have to lose 10 pounds of pure fat to get to 15% which is where you should be when you start your cycle. I can't recommend you starting a cycle at 20%.

I'm willing to write you a out a basic diet if you're willing to wait until 15% to start your cycle.

Khor20

Thnx bro I appreciate you'd take time to help me out! I don't have gear atm, besides I would like to drop some more lbs of fat before I start, it'll make my gains look that much better:)

strong

Sometimes a diet can be tricky. I cant even talk about what I eat.  If I eat too much of anything I get fat. I was able to lose 55 lbs while packing on muscle. The Key is Whole foods from your home. At 38 years old try to lessen carbs after 2:00 ish. That is if you are on a "normal" work schedule.  I must say for me It is key to wake up and eat and drink water to get the body going. You will get in touch with your particular metabolism. Have fun with it. Your going to love everyone telling you how good you look... Go get em bro...