47yo newbie

Bkschibear01

Hello all, I'm a 47 year old male. With TRT injections my T level is 406 and the Dr. Thinks that is good enough even though it is the bottom of normal. I started out with the patches but it irritated my skin. 3 years ago I weighed 320lbs and now I average 200. I started out just using an eligible then started using weights. I've been working out 5 to 6 times a week for about 2 years without any real results amd im starting to get frustrated. My doc has me on 150ml per week of test cyp. My apolagies for being all over the place this is the first I've posted to any forums.

blastthru23

Welcome to MG!

Sounds to me you've reached a level of adaptation with your training (perhaps), thus hampered results. Whats your split and approach to training? May need to switch it up, increase load or volume, get more specific with the exercise selection and so on.Then of course there is diet...What sort of diet plan are you running?

SemperFi

What.... from 320 to 200 and no results?! Don't be frustrated brother.... be proud of a great accomplishment! Great job and welcome to MG.

SEMPER FI

ESmetalhead

Blast and Semp are right.  Thats an amazing loss of weight so few people can pull that off and you've done it long term.   I was doing the same routines for years and wasn't putting effort into researching new exercise, reps, set etc.  I still should learn more than I do but this form has been a great benefit for education my approach in the gym.  Ive always worked hard but I didn't always work smart, 

strong

Welcome. I see you have conquered an immense challenge. I'm glad you're not satisfied.  Stick around, you will get it figured out...  I sure hope Doc. Isn't prescribing 150 MLS. You'd be jacked out of your witts.... 

SemperFi

Brother.... Visit the TRT section in the forum. You might have some information to share with others and also get to see what others are doing along with their treatment. We also have an Over 40 section that provides information specifically for those of us who are in the best years of our life. ;)

SEMPER FI

BobbyO190

Glad to have you! I am a couple of years older but very similar story. I only lost 100lbs so honestly you have me beat.

The TRT forum is very helpful, you may find you want to keep the doctor for testing and guidance but start your own self regimine. If so that forum will help a lot!  Congrats on your outstanding success so far...

As for hitting the training wall. I think that's normal as heck. I know I have that problem big time. As a rule it's mental and that can be the hardest thing to solve, you know how you hit a goal but your mind can't conceive of passing that goal so you get stuck there....

Nutrition, motivation, placebo's, change of routine, all can help.

Your going to love it here. Glad to have you with us.  

Dolf

You lost that amount of weight and think you haven't accomplished much! You've done a fantastic job brother! Are you looking at increasing your trt dose or running a cycle?

BTW welcome to MG

SenseiMiagi

That much weight loss is no joke!  In terms of minimal gains...the weight room is a small piece of this puzzle.  Your food intake is key to progress.  Must get honest with yourself and track your daily calories/macros to some extent to make considerable progress.  It can be the boring aspect of changing your body, but really is #1 in impact.  Start experimenting with different eating plans and adjust to fit your frame/metabolism.

Bkschibear01

Thank you all. What I mean is I haven't seen gains in terms of muscle gain although I've been able to keep the weight off. My diet mostly consists of baked chicken breast and brown rice with vegtables. I meal prep lunch for the week consisting of 7oz of chicken and 6 oz brown rice. For dinner I eat chicken(5oz) salads with hot sauce for dressing. I snack on nuts and carrots throughout the day. For breakfsst i have 5oz of chicken 3oz brown rice, bananna and an oatmeal packet. I've been tracking my calorie intake and average 2500 calories a day. 

My work out is done at home to a DVD program. I have added some different moves to try to change things up a bit. I work out at night after work. I'm in bed by 8 and up at 2 for work. 

At first i was just wanting my t levels to be at high normal but now I am looking to do a cycle and have been doing some reading on mg. I've been taking test cyp and was thinking of doing the same. It looks like 500mg per week is a good first time. Since I'm already doing 150mg per week would I just add 350mg or would it be 650mg per week? 

Thank you again for the encouraging words.

siegmund

Brother 

The weight and gains will come later you have accomplished what very few few have the will power and dedication to do 

My hat goes off to you  , you my friend have made incredable  , gainns or progress    so much to be proud of   ... +3    

Sig