AAS may trigger myostatin pathways

blastthru23

I have been interested in the topic of myostatin, which regulates muscle growth by basically stopping mucsle growth. It is dispersed and is produced on an individuaized basis for the most part, and may be the reason "hard-gainers" exist. Anyhow, I found a brief article this morning that seems to show that AAS triggers the myostatin pathway, ironically. Though the study used rodents, it seems logical. Just another factitive (a 'factitive' does not mean 'true necessarily') to add to the never-ending churning of the proverbial cognitive stew pot.  Below is the link:

http://musculardevelopment.com/articles/chemical-enhancement/15710-steroids-myostatin-breaking-research-update.html#.WgiY6ohrxrQ

blastthru23

I hope so too. Animal physiology is very complex. Adding or subtracting one thing seems to trigger many pathways to maintain any individual's homeostatic state, whether they like it or not.

blastthru23

An interesting notion is that each person has his or her own unique state of homeostasis, all based from genetics. Some say flex wheeler must produce much less myostatin than some of the other athletes in his class. Milos said that flex didn't need to train as much as others because he would grow with much less muscle stimulation. The plot just keeps getting more intriguing at every turn

SemperFi

I like it when members post articles from information they found. I love reading and this was interesting. Thanks for sharing Blaster.

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Genetics are genetics, and that's just something we have to live with. Some are blessed and some have to fight against them. If it were only the gear many more of us would be walking around looking like pro's. My goals in my later years are to be the best me I can be. 

blastthru23

I feel the same way. Just looking to take what I have and make it the best it can be, and taking my age into consideration as well. 

calmb4dastorm

I saw a guy on Instagram this morning abd thought about those Belgium Blues! He had muscle everywhere. Had his briefs pulled up like a thong so the muscle butt cheeks wouldn't be missed. Just huge and everything striated.