Addiction

3rd_levelup

Anyone battle addiction or know someone who has ? Me I have never myself but did loose a good friend to drugs. I watch this guy go from a healthy good looking young man to a scrawny horrific junkie looking individual. Its a sad thing to watch even when everyone has tried to intervene. 

I also have a family member who battled alcoholism and have been to supports groups as family support. That to brings on a whole other level of self gratification as you help a love one and even others. 

Any stories ?

csancheezy

as an opiate addict, 9 years of stealing, selling,needles, fighting, lying, jails, rehabs... too many stories to tell, but I will tell you I had some of the highest and lowest times, but im greatfull it led me to where I am today. Only the Good Lord was able to help me , bc trust me I tried everything else 

Outlawthing

I Had a good run with coke  got clean for a few years then got on oxycotin real bad put me on my knees and almost killed me  it was a hard battle and I'm thankful that I made it out  lost all my friends or the people I thought where my friends  my wife saved my life and  before we got married we went though some bad times but she never gave up on me.  I keep to myself. Now I wonder sometimes if any of the people I used to hang with made it out  my nephew just went through same thing roxies when he was in high school then that Molly shit bout made him retarded  he has finally hit bottom I talk to him a lot about it maybe I can keep him from making those mistakes again

bufbiker

I've done it all from heroin to pot and everything in between, except crack. Been to prison twice for trafficking coke. Got busted once with a truckload of weed but best the case in jury trial on a technicality. Watched orange diamonds fly through the air on acid, tha walls melt on shrooms, had a demon talk to me on peyote.

Like I said, I've done it all and if I liked it I did it until I got sick of it.

B

Burrr

I've had some addictions over the years, and a life long love for the cannabis plant. About 4 years ago I found out I had an auto immune disease that was causing all sorts of mental issues. As soon as I treated that auto immune disease my desire to get high just disappeared. 

I can pass up a toke, a line, or a cocktail without even having to think about it, but when I was sick I always felt like I needed something to change the way I was feeling, mentally.  I guess I'm trying to say that brain chemistry was behind my addictive behavior, and when I fixed my brain the addictions left with it.

bufbiker

I just got sick of being high all the time. But I did have a 9'year prison sentence to help me get clean. But of course even in prison everything is readily available, just very very expensive.

Eriq

It's so great to have the gym instead of drugs.  You can get in there, crank the music, and get in the zone.  Not only that, but it gives you the strength and focus to really enjoy life, rather than escape from it.   Not really sure if what we're doing  (with AAS) will increase our longevity ( i.e. positive it wont!), but it certainly adds quality to life.  50 is just a couple years away for me.  I see people my age so out of shape it limits what activities they can participate in.  I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, I still want to hike, swim and motorbike.

So, yeah.  A lot of us experimented. A lot got in a bit too deep. I'm glad we're at this place in our lives where we care about living and our bodies.