Advice on starting

sabien69

I am considering starting steroid supplements. Have no idea where to start, 54 y/o and lifting/exercising over 30 yrs. Looking to get a little more size and more shredded.

Attachments

• IMG_20230704_120527.jpg
    IMG_20230704_120527.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 10

HGH.to

Hello, you're already on the right path.
1. you have lifting experience (and assuming dieting experience)
2. you ask for help first, unlike most others who start making shitty choices and then complaining

So, generally, I recommend starting with testosterone. such as enanthate or cypionate (doesn't really matter). 300 mg/week split into 2 injections a week like 150 mg Monday and 150 mg Thursday. Cycle = 12-14 weeks. Don't really need any other steroids as the first cycle. With a good diet and workout plan, you're sure to feel better and see better results. Especially at your age.
Also, you should start thinking about whether you'll PCT after the cycle (attempting to bring natural testosterone levels to normal) or stay on TRT (relying on testosterone injections). both come with their pros and cons.
have arimidex handy in case you notice high estrogen symptoms. don't use it unless you need it and find the perfect dosage for you.

BigZeus

I agree with HGH.to, I would start at 300mg-500mg of Test for 12 weeks. I recommend you have an anti-estrogen on hand such as arimidex or aromasin. At your age I would do TRT after your cycle but it's up to you and depends on what your goals are.

sabien69

Again, I am completely novice at this. Do you check initial testosterone levels and if so what route? (I.e. clinic, online labs service).
Hello, you're already on the right path.
1. you have lifting experience (and assuming dieting experience)
2. you ask for help first, unlike most others who start making shitty choices and then complaining

So, generally, I recommend starting with testosterone. such as enanthate or cypionate (doesn't really matter). 300 mg/week split into 2 injections a week like 150 mg Monday and 150 mg Thursday. Cycle = 12-14 weeks. Don't really need any other steroids as the first cycle. With a good diet and workout plan, you're sure to feel better and see better results. Especially at your age.
Also, you should start thinking about whether you'll PCT after the cycle (attempting to bring natural testosterone levels to normal) or stay on TRT (relying on testosterone injections). both come with their pros and cons.
have arimidex handy in case you notice high estrogen symptoms. don't use it unless you need it and find the perfect dosage for you.

I would start at 300 test, it was my first cycle and I made insane gains. I’m always an advocate of starting very low, that leaves room for you to run 400, 500 etc for your next cycle. But yeah, at your age I would definitely run 300 for 16 weeks or so then drop down to a trt dose of 150 to cruise