Am I being too uptight ?

Standingup

I fully admit I get a little neurotic about things, so I really don't know and am curious if you guys think I should just laugh it off or am right to leave.

Theres a Deli I go to every morning for a breakfast sandwich and tea or coffee, I like the place, the food is good an up until now Ive had no trouble.  Well last Friday I went in, ordered my BLT and a bacon egg and cheese for the dog . As the guy came walking out from the kitchen area with my sandwich in his hand he stopped, fully clenched up his body and ripped a big fart. When I got to work I was still so put off I threw my sandwich out.

I told him I didn't really want to see that, and his reply was " Oh I was just doing my plyometric exercises "

I hadn't gone back till this morning, when I walked in the guy see's me and fully clenches up saying " look Im doing my plyometrics again "

I didn't order, I just turned and walked back out.

So what do you say ?  Just a little fart humor and I need to lighten up, or would you have done the same ?

D

dolfanshan

Its only fart humor if its a good buddy. A total stranger its called being a fucking asshole that needs to be kicked in the dick! You ought to go take a shit in his floor and tell him you're returning his sandwich that he farted on. :)

siegmund

I must agree with dolpf , ok 1st off if any of us say we dont rip And rip all day were a liar ... inow im in bussiness , someone comes to my office , in my garage and I start ripping ,   what you think ,  now this asshole.is working in a restaurant , when plp prepare and handle my food not to mention , I eat my food there , that kind of behavior does not belong there , yes its going to hzppen but I would like to think the staff handling my food , and eating environment, not to mention , forks knifs and spoons , et ... are all clean yes gas wont hurt that but , you get my point ... if the man was the owner I wouldnt go back , if the man was a worker and I cared about the place I wohld speak to the owner. ..  so no your not wrong (imo)  now my wife will fart in cront of me  )) and shell xig down and ri pl like a dude , b ut I like it be ause she is that comfortable with me , a woman farts in front of you anx smiles theg really love yoh...   but stand no your right 

Standingup

Sieg that's really my feeling regarding the time and place for it .  Yes I know everyone farts, its not controllable sometimes, but as a food handler I do expect some level of professionalism around that kind of issue. Just like in my home, we joke around and laugh at the dinner table, but theres no bathroom humor allowed. When dinner is over its another story .

Im pretty sure the guy is a partner in ownership .  And yes strange as it is if he wasn't a 50 year old dude, but instead was a 25 yr old college cutie then she could get away with it.

siegmund

No place for that in a restaurant , I would find another place , I would just have a I problem eating there ,... example there is a diner about 2 blocks from my house , excellent , s.o.s.  ummmm , but if the cook and people were openly , passing gas , that would make me think is he scratching his nuts , and preparing my food , or using the rest room and not washing his hands ... no like I sais not at all, your 100% right , a place where people and familys eat is not the place ,  I would take it as a insult ,.. and myself I may go to the partner and express my concern.  Totaly unacceptable.   

D

dolfanshan

A good way to guage a restaurants cleanliness is by seeing how clean their restroom is. If they keep a clean restroom you know they keep a clean kitchen. 

Standingup

Yes thats true, and if their soap dispenser is empty it makes me very uncomfortable.

I once sat down at a table and ordered 2 drinks, then went to use the restroom. While I was in there I could tell there was someone in the stall . When he came out I saw it was a kitchen worker , and he did not stop to wash his hands he just left . So I did the same, went to the table, threw a twenty down for the 2 drinks and walked out. 

strong

Stand, I worked in the food industry from 13 to 25 years old minus a couple years in jail. I am very serious about food cleanliness. I think you should never go back unless its to open the door and tell him to fuck himself. That's disrespectful. Im a demented individual but you must know when to draw the line.  Dolf was right.. its only funny with a good friend.

D

dolfanshan

I had a guy making my sandwich sneeze in his hands right in front of me. He rinsed his hands with water only and went back to making my sandwich. I said cancel that order. Lol sorry but I'm the only one who can sneeze in his hands, scratch his balls, scratch his ass, and make my sandwich. Lol

D

dolfanshan

I'm telling ya...someone needs to kick that dude in the dick!