Amps...Raaaawr!

SenseiMiagi

Little worse than trying to pop your amp open, just to have it shatter in your fingers.  All that wonderful oil...gone, all gone!  Fuck, shit, fuck, aaaaaah!

Sorry...just happened to me, had to share the frustration.  New amp opened flawlessly of course as 99 out of 100 do.  Old school pen cap method almost never fails.....almost.  Dammit man.

treetrunk

That sucks man, I have cracked amps in half long way before and lost all the oil. I don't  hardly ever buy them unless I find a crazy ass deal on them just because of the fear of breaking them or that tiny chance of getting a shard of glass in my barrel some how. Lol. I'm probably just paranoid, but I can only imagine shooting a tiny ass piece of glass into my quad or something. Haha.

Pankration

Cuter it has a little blade that scores the top. I get them where I get my pins and needles. Of course they need a certain technique to open but I've had a piece of glass stuck in my glute once for about 10 days.  It was extremely painful I couldn't sit,  walk,  or have people even slightly rub against me.  I had to triple my pain medication because of the pain.  What I would do sometimes too is get a small lens cleaning cloth and use that in grip the top in case it broke.  Getting blood on your gear is just as bad as dropping.  

Kfizzle

That's my fear as well lol tiny ass glass in the ass about an inch and a half deep does not sound good lol. I know they make filters but I don't have that kind of time,  hell I draw my oils with an 18ga from the vial because I'm so impatient lol. 

Pankration

The glass was really small.  I used a 21g and pinned with a 23g.  I didn't know I got glass til about a couple minutes  later.  After about a week my cheek was very irritated and infested.  I thought about going to the hospital butt I couldn't afford the bill.  The glass kept leaving my body but it got stuck and didn't break the skin.  I got a razor and cut a little X  where I could feel the glass.  Then I used a pinching technique to get it out,  it worked but was really painful.  I've been shot before and that just burns and adrenaline kicks in then the painful part is the weeks after and that ghost feeling where the wound is but when I was pinching my ass I was nervous and I couldn't concentrate on anything else. 

SenseiMiagi

Yeah, I've had amp openers in the past years ago, but I'm not an amp exclusive guy so the pen cap has always done me well.  Usually breaks clean, the scoring of the amp openers give me the anxiety or small glass.  Part of the game, but always frustrating.  I always was told not to draw with 18g since the big pin can leave holes in the stopper..causing air to get in and potentially contaminating, as well as dropping pieces of the stopper into the oil....however, you pin so much I imagine a 10ml bottle doesn't last long enough lol

Kfizzle

Damn,  that made me clinch my fists for a second having to cut the skin open.  I was wondering if it worked itself out like that. Fuck that shit! Damn. I got some tri tren amps just chilllin for when I decide to mess with the amps again. Shattered one before and was like nope not doing this lol. 

Kfizzle

I've had some stoppers that fail on me but it's pretty rare but it's worth it on the thicker oils. Most stoppers are just fine,  the silicone ones actually get messed up the quickest. Ill just poke it in different spots and not just directly in the middle every time. Learned that one quickly.  

MuscleChemUK

Ive had this happen before with XXXX and XXX.

I one was doing a shot in my glute and as some of you may know the XXXX are quite thick. I must have hit some scar tissue becasue the barrell got stuck and was really hard to push; plus I had fuck all flexibility back then and it was geting difficult.

Then all of a sudden the barrell came of the needle and squirted all up my back. Wasted 2ml of pharma test and was pissed of and was hard getting the needle out haha.

The joys of being a juice head lol