androgen receptors, diminishing returns

B

Burrr

Why exactly do we eventually quit making gains on a cycle? I've never run one long enough to reach that point, but I guess there is an end to the gains on a cycle.

Lets say we ran 20 weeks of test and finally quit seeing real anabolic benefit.  Would it kick back in if we doubled that dose of test, or are the androgen receptors just done for until they rest.

Does the androgen receptor sensitivity adjust to the dose through the whole cycle? Would we get better returns on gear investment if we started low and doubled the dose at 4 weeks, and again at 8 weeks? a steady taper up.

Anyone know of research on androgen receptor sensitivity. 

SemperFi

You may find some useful information and debate in an already existing thread.

Go here-

https://musclegurus.to/forum/anabolic-steroids/post-cycle-therapy/clearing-receptors-0#comment-78936

I can't provide any official research documentation concerning androgen receptor sensitivity and steroid use specifically.

SEMPER FI

MWard77

I am friends with a nationally known bodybuilder and I have asked him this question before as I too was curious about deminishing returns and he mentioned that it happens only at much much higher doses. Unfortunately its all anecdotal considering there are no research and peer reviewed studies on grams of steroid use, or anything close to that for that matter, but he has been competing and doing well for the last 15 years so I tend to listen to him based on his experience as a bodybuilder. Basically, if you get diminishing returns at 2grams of test, learn a trade because competitive bodybuilding is not for you. I also learned from him that a major aspect of being a top competitor is being genetically blessed at not getting bad side effects and health issues while running mega doses of gear/GH year after year.  As far as GH and diminishing returns,real issue that most encounter is the quality of the GH they get (or lack thereof) so 30-40iu's/day of chinese GH really most likely is not anywhere near 30-40iu's of actual GH. Honestly, I have seen people get MUCH better results on 6iu's of serostims Monday through Friday (thats only one 126iu kit per month, by the way) than 20iu's of chinese growth hormone. I know of a few top guys who used 30-40iu's of legit growth hormone and usually the point of diminishing returns seemed to happen around 40. That is not to say the results were not crazy but the negative side effects just became too unbearable, as in it became impossible to get out of bed, eat or train...which defeats the purpose of the whole thing. That is one of the reasons I believe GH blasting to be the best possible way to run growth. You definitely will get some uncomfortable side effects hitting 30iu's monday wednesday and friday but it will become much more bearable than if it was an everyday thing.  A similar parallel to the diminishing return issue is trenbolone.  How come so few guys ever exceed 1.4 - 2grams of tren weekly (and 2 grams is honestly not that common)? 3 grams of tren will definitely give you better results than 1 gram but due to trenbolone's affinity to bind with glucocorticoid receptors, it will tear apart your joints and eventually make just everyday movement impossible.