Bad Advice

ramdisck

Many come to this site for information. Others come here for affirmation for what they have already decided to do in their head.

I would like to caution the new member, and perhaps new user of AAS that it is possible to get bad advice even in this forum.  Most of us are not Drs we are not professional body builders.  We try to steer you in the right direction to make a safe decision for your health.  

With that being said. It is very important that you take some time to get to know the members who you are taking advice from.  Some of us are endurance athletes, some are body builders, chemists, gym rats, etc.  What works for one of us might not work for everyone. It is important that you understand where your information is coming from and there is no better way to do that than to remain active in the forums and read/respond to others posts as well.

There is always that person who has already made a decision to do something that is regarded as unsafe or unhealthy.  9 of 10 people will suggest you not go through with it, and you will be able to find that one person, but I would advice taking the overwhelming advice on here rather than the exception.  

It is important that you add stats to your profile and read the stats from those offering advice.  If others know more about you than can help give better advice, but unfortunately, there is still a chance you may encounter some bad advice. 

swolesam

Ram , Are you serious????? You mean i cant just believe everything i read on the internet, take it to heart & go do it again & again ??? :) HAHAHA If its on the internet , its guta be true ;)) lol

To second Ram's point, YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Homework here means your due diligence be it research, talking to other people,...etc. If i tell you hey i will get you 9% mortgage rate to buy your next dream home, and its the best rate around, will you just take my word for it & hand me your hard earned $$$ ? Hell no. You would go around, get other quotes from different sources, do research,.... you will do your homework, right? Same applies to ANYTHING on the internet within MG community or anywhere else, whether its your money, your health, your time,...

I can testify as far as MG community goes, i've seen mostly awesome primo quality members thus far - Strong, SemperFi, Dolf, Jarhead2 just to name a few. Some members make claims and state opinions about things that i dont agree with sometimes, but that's absolutely normal. You cant agree with everybody all the time, its not natural. In the end of the day, MG community members are trying to help with sincerity without expectation of any compensation, and that's to be admired. Now, whether somebody tells you hey 1000mg of test per week is the sweet spot, well that could be the case for the person stating it lol. Now, you wont just go pin 1000mg of test weekly after you read that , would you?? You'd research, find out more, start out with minimal dosage & taper up as you build tolerance over time. This is a random example to illustrate the point, but high level, you can apply that to anything & everything.

Hope i shed more light on the topic here, or at least tackled it from a different angle ;)

K

kalpa

Good post friend.

There are mostly opinions to what works and might not. Everyone body is different and might not react the same. So Deca is known to help joints for one I don't truly know if I seen any great feedback with joint lubercating. It's more of a trial and error to see what's good and what's not. 

ramdisck

what makes this board special is that we respect opinions. if somebody went against popular belief on another forum they would probably be ridiculed and flamed. we're grown ups here, but that can mislead a newer member too. opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

SemperFi

My big concern is the way in which a source can easily spend time replying to posts without really offering any meaningful help simply because they have something personally to gain by keeping their name "up in lights".

I have recently noticed a trend of this happening. They simply post a reply as if they did not even read the thread. The advice given has already be provided or simply does not apply.

In my opinion, sources have a "special" responsibility to members but the recent trend by at least one source proves that they are simply here to promote themselves and do not take their responsibility to the members seriously.

OUCH....

SEMPER FI

strong

I've noticed that SEmperFi, They are generic answers in a blast with not much info or poor info. Those are probably the guys that are just resellers. They really don't know. I enjoy when a source is active.  It shows a lot Most of the time. Its weird how they just started getting active after the Ban of #1.  Hmmmm.. 

Come on now, Its as easy as seeing a 4 year old with chocolate all over his face saying " I didn't eat the cookies" 

ramdisck

I agree, this is mostly the reason I wanted to post this in this area of the forum. Beginners should realize that some sources are not here to help, but only to gain business.

I've learned that first hand myself.

strong

Me too SemperFi.  I think that is the trend here. Its not necessary for the DOM sources I buy from to even run a promo. Shit, I want them to make $.  Ive seen big promos lately that I wouldn't even consider. Its not too hard to realize we are grown men, Like real adults who have lived in this world for 40/50 years. We want respect as we respect others.  "OR ELSE"

SemperFi

Fortunately several of the sources do take their responsibility to the membership seriously. The advice given is a direct reflection of the type of business they run and in many cases the quality of their products.

I tend to shy away from businesses, in real life, that do not take pride in every aspect of their business practice.

SEMPER FI

Ignatius

SemperFi said:
</p><p>My big concern is the way in which a source can easily spend time replying to posts without really offering any meaningful help simply because they have something personally to gain by keeping their name "up in lights".</p><p>I have recently noticed a trend of this happening. They simply post a reply as if they did not even read the thread. The advice given has already be provided or simply does not apply.</p><p>In my opinion, sources have a "special" responsibility to members but the recent trend by at least one source proves that they are simply here to promote themselves and do not take their responsibility to the members seriously.</p><p>OUCH....</p><p>SEMPER FI</p><p>
 </p><p>This type of thought process is why I myself choose to remain off the grid so to speak. I have good knowledge but usually the members take good care of one another so I don't need to put in my two cents. I may pop up every once in a while when I see a great post or pic and acknowledge it but other than that I just prefer to hang out on my QA page.. by myself for the most part. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

SemperFi

Iggy,

Useful information and personable comradery is HIGHLY encouraged!!! If you have something to say and it would be beneficial or help develop relationship then by all means take the bull by the horns.

It's when a source will make an appearance (as seen recently) in the forums and blast a bunch of replies to several different threads without giving thought to their reply that is my problem. It give an overwhelming appearances of self promotion via forum participation.

I much prefer a single well intentioned or informative response than the above.

SEMPER FI