Bodybuilding Calculators

jasonking92

Hi guys and gals found these while passing time browsing the web some Bodybuilding Calculators

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/calculators.htm

has the following and more

CALCULATE YOUR ONE REP MAX, CALCULATE YOUR LEAN BODY MASS, CARDIO CALCULATORS, CALCULATE YOUR V02MAX, YOUR MAX HEART RATE, YOUR RECOMMENDED CREATINE CONSUMPTION, YOUR BASAL METABOLIC RATE, YOUR RESTING METABOLIC RATE, TOTAL DAILY ENERGY EXPENITURE, ETC ETC THE LIST GOES ON.

SemperFi

+2 for sharing JK.

This brings up an interesting question concerning 1 rep max.....

What is more important to ya'll relative strength or absolute strength?

For example, if your squat goes from 400 to 450lbs, your absolute strength has increased without doubt.  If it goes from 400 to 450lbs without a change in bodyweight, your relative strength has also increased.  However, if your squat goes from 400 to 450lbs while your weight goes from 200 to 220lbs, your relative strength has decreased.

SEMPER FI

jasonking92

If I had to pick relative strength as this to me shows total strength in proportion to body mass and size taking into account both persons have the same amount of lean muscle mass and BF you cannot expect to match a 6.5ft heavy weight large frame lifter if your 5.6ft tall medium build. This is why most of the strongest bodybuilders world wide are very tall yet some of the largest pumped up bodybuilders are shorter. Of course there are some very blessed genetic monsters that kick all that out of the window.

If I had to pick size over strength I personally at my age would go for size if I was 20 years younger it would be strength.

ramdisck

While I like to see my Max go up, what's most important to me is looking and feeling good. I'm the only one counting the plates, I tell myself that all the time.  I like feeling healthy and looking my best.  I'd rather be reminded by someone that I look good than have a gym rat drop a jaw at the number of plates.  

Dolf

Nice link +3 JK.

To me strength is whatever you desire it to be. If you see benching 405 for a triple as strong and that's your goal then that's your view of strong. If you think being able to bench 225 for 25 reps is strong and thats your goal then that's your personal view of strong. To me both examples are a strong guy. They're just strong in different ways.

Dolf

In my older age and a few injuries later I check my ego at the door and could give a fuck less what anyone thinks about the weight I'm pushing. 

strong

2 years ago I benched 405 for 2 but I was more impressed that I did 225 for 26 reps. Was I strong? My legs were weak as shit and my lower back was weak. Ive been training higher reps now and don't really bench anymore. My Brother owns a construction business and he is 5'10" 190 lbs and in great shape. He cant lift weights like I can even though he has lifted forever but he'd knock me out with either hand in the square circle. One of the most punishing punchers ive felt and ive got 50 lbs on him. I cant take him out in an arm wrestle.  I see him as strong..