Bringing LIFE into the box gym

blastthru23

Gyms in my area are aimed at the fitness/techy crowd, not to many if any BBers around save for a couple of us here and there. Well, I met this dude, a powerlifter, at the gym I use, and after a bit he got one or two young dudes lifting for strength. Soon, he had about 5 dudes going ape shit lifting, training primarily chest since that is what he plans to compete in a few months from now.

Powerlifter dude (I'll refer to him as PL from here on out) and I quickly became friends, found out he runs gear, blah blah blah. Soon, some of these young cats were asking me for advice on training and diet, and of course I obliged. Now, we have dudes training for hypertrophy, starting clean diets, and getting strong. Last night, 3 of us Ran the Rack, that bicep/tricep superset where you start heavy work all the way down to 5lbs and go right back up non-stop SF wrote about. Well, one dude wanted to start at 35 lbs, I convinced him to start at 40 or 45, he settled on 40, and proceeded as planned. BUT! he made it all the way back to one rep of 55. You should have seen the smile of pride and confidence on this dudes face (he is the smallest one of the bunch). Man, seeing these guys grunting and sweating, and making progress is fucking awesome. These kids grow fast as hell too :)

All of these dudes need to bring up the legs, so I am going to get some leg training done for these cats, while PL is going to get their upper bodies strong as oxes. We got us a new wolf pack! One dude is aiming on pro-football and at 20 years old is built like a damn tank, he has some great genes, and is inspiring these young fellas to get stronger. PL is making these kids crank out a shit ton of weight, and volume, and keeping them focused on pure strength. I am absolutely digging this new environment. Always looking for new recruits to kick ass and make some gains. I saw one dude about to join in the RTR fiasco, but I couldn't convince him, he said next time. Well, folks, next time he's jumping into the pack no excuses. It's fucking hella fun creating a "Lets grind this shit out" atmosphere with some other folks. Its a damn dream I tell you. Sweat, grunts, fist pumping, and muscle pumps. 

I am finding out that I can create the environment I want merely through inspiring others to aim high and work hard. Run the fucking Rack Wolf Pack. Even Running the Rack with single arm rows, Talk about sweat and gnashing teeth. These youngins got some fuckin grit, just gotta give em something to grind!If you want blood, you got it!

SemperFi

These are stories I like reading about. The ability to share your passion with others and share in their experiences is a gem. Enjoy the ride Blaster and keep the pack growing. Don't forget to learn a few new things along the way.

“Treat your men as you would your own beloved sons. And they will follow you into the deepest valley.”  -ST

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Now you have some buds to oldscool train with. As long as someone is willing to learn Iove to teach. I love to learn just as much too!

blastthru23

Kinda had to pull them into the old school state of mind, and it worked. PL really did the leg work as I train solo just out of habit, and preference as well. But, running the rack and curl contests are a fuckin blast! The best is seeing these young bucks coming up, and training hard instead pussy-footing around on the damn phone. I just hope we don't get the boot for not sticking to the "fitness" protocol. and grunting hella loud, oh and the occasional loud cussing, oops. Don't wanna scare anyone away ;)

Dolf

That's why I like my gym. It's broke down into four sections. The female section. The section with new nice machines, new nice bars, new nice plates, and new nice db's that only go up to 60lbs. The padded floor crossfit type section with bumper plates, punching bags, kicking bags, ropes, and pullup bars. Then there's my favorite section called the hardcore section. It's full of old equipment, rusty bars, rusty plates, rusty db that go up to 130lbs, and power racks. There's powder floating in the air and on the floor. You can grunt, yell, fart, burp, and make all the noise you want. I fucking love it!!!

SemperFi

X2. This ol' Dog loves learning new tricks and revisiting a lot of forgotten ones along the way.

SEMPER FI