Can you gain mass and cut at the same time?

Kfizzle

[[{"fid":"26197","view_mode":"wysiwyg","fields":{"format":"wysiwyg","field_file_image_alt_text[und][0][value]":"","field_file_image_title_text[und][0][value]":""},"type":"media","attributes":{"height":280,"width":280,"class":"media-element file-wysiwyg"},"link_text":null}]]

Above is a pic of the progress my training partner has made recently. I took him under my wing because I realized his dedication and his goals are the same as mine, here is what we have accomplished... This is just under  a 3 month period. As you can CLEARLY see he has increased weight by 27 lbs and increased muscle mass by 24 pounds. His bodyfat has dropped by 7% so the answer to the question is YES you can add mass and cut at the same time.  Many people say no you can't you either cut or you bulk...  fuck that!  They are simple minded and don't understand what the body is capable of with a high calorie low fat diet and intense training  with propper supplementation. And did I mention...  INTENSE TRAINING!?!?!!   

Rez0099

Nice results , how many hours per week of training? Looks like he has a great balance of proper intensity and recovery. Kudos 

fatboy1937

K, when you say low fat, I'm assuming that you mean low sat. fat?  I try to get around 70 g, with greater than 90% coming strictly from olive oil, almonds, etc....

Kfizzle

Lean beef, natural pb,  fish, you know,  the good fats just don't go overboard with the peanut butter lol.  Whats your protein and carbs looking like?  

fatboy1937

I'm currently at 80 carbs during the week and up it to 120 on Sunday.  240 for the prot.  I stay away from the brand peanut butter because of the sugar and salt they put it in.  I go to whole foods and make my own when I get the craving...

Kfizzle

If you are wanting to add muscle you need to seriously up your calories bro.  You are just under 2000 through the week. This isn't a muscle building diet if you ask me.  

MRFIXIT

Excellant post and sooooo true! When I bulk most of it is lean muscle mass, And thats eating pretty much whatever i want, its hard to hit that 5000 calroie mark without some junk food... Hell i eat Mcdonalds and all kinds of shit, But with the right supps and training its possible without a doubt...

JARHEAD2

I agree.... Both are very possible. I hear so many say that there goal is to do just that, but often they don't get these results. If you do the work, it's very possible!!

B

Burrr

Fizzle, what kind of diet breakdown was your friend using, macros and kcals