car broke down yesterday

N

noveskeelite

For first time in my life I had a car break down in middle of road. Made me realize how big of assholes people can be. Instead of offering to help I get dirty looks as people try to get around me.

Worst feeling ever sitting there stranded. Fortunately two nice gentlemen eventually did come help and.push me off road. Had to call tow truck for my pos car. Good thing I still have my bike to ride.

N

noveskeelite

Moral of story. If you see someone stranded or broke down or needs help. Ask if their ok. Or at least dont give them dirty looks because their.slowing you.down. kindness is contagious.

Kfizzle

That sucks man!!! I've been there and I will always stop to help if I see someone needing it... if I'm not on my way to work that is, I don't leave any extra time when the buzzer sounds at 6am. Hope you get that fixed and not too expensive. Me and the Mrs dealing with her vehicle acting up lately... just paid damn thing off few weeks ago.

N

noveskeelite

Not gonna lie ive prolly been the guy giving the.dirty.looks before. But when it happens to you makes you realize how much it sucks. Stopping and asking if everything is ok goes a lonnnngggg way.

Standingup

I am a mechanic, I stop for strangers on a nearly constant basis. 99% of them refuse my help because they are suspicious or afraid. Although a tow truck is generally whats needed. I dont know your situation but if it ever happens again try to use any momentum to get your car over to the shoulder for your own safety. Im headed out for a ride my self but if you need to run anythig by me feel free later.

D

dolfanshan

I've been there too. It most definitely sucks. A little kindness can go a long way

D

dolfanshan

That's true. Most people these days are very distrustful.

milkin

I always help broken down motorists because it a shitty sistuation to be in. I live near a major college campus and just last week there was a young girl broke down in the middle of the interstate. When I passed, she was standing on her tire iron trying to break the lugs with her 110lbs self. As I was changing her tire, I asked how long she has been there and she informed me a just over an hour. Not one person stopped to help that poor girl. The truck drivers blowing down the highway making 90 did manage to beep their horn at the young girl though. Dirt bags, they can beep at a young college girl's ass but they can not get off their fat asses to change her tire. Amazing .

Kfizzle

My wife can be stranded at some empty parking lot at 5am and someone notices she needs help... Poor woman couldn't find the oil cap lol.
Shit that's how I used to have to get the lugs to break loose hahaha

N

noveskeelite

Yeah, generally people just don't care. they think you either already have help coming, think your gonna rob them, or just plain don't wanna stop.

N

noveskeelite

I would have pushed it off myself but I was in HEAVY traffic at an intersection right at light with people pissed off whipping around me. so I just sat there.....2 guys at business next door came out and offered to push me to the shoulder.

N

noveskeelite

Had it towed to the shop where I used to work. I was a tire tech for several years...but their full service. anyways their saying its the fuel pump.........400 dollars later car should be running again lol

I WAS going to order some gear for a cycle...but this threw a wrench in my plans

Bigl

Yeah People are so unkind and ignorant. It could of been their Mother, Sister ,Brother shit I have given ppl rides that have been walking. I am glad your good bro

siegmund

Just last week I was at work had the wife with me , doing estamates and had time lines meet anyway , girl in family dollor says she locked keys in , it., so I tryed for a half hour my wife came up with a idea and we got it , she was so happy and I didnt see this coming she grabs my wife, gives a huge hug , then me , she was so grateful , heres $$ , no way dont want any thing she can do , NO , I give what I would like back,, and 5am I also stop when someone is stranded , been there LOTS !!!!! I WASNTMALWAYS SO LAW ABIDING AND I MELLW

N

noveskeelite

I have a similar story man. A couple months before this I had locked my keys in my old mustang. Wont get into how I did that in order to keep this short lol. So I go to gas station down road from my house. Go inside to pay attendant. And an old man Is at counter and I could tell he was upset. Hes like sir can you help me out I locked my keys in my car.......I was about to say no sorry......but then I remembered myself doing the same shit.......so I asked.....are windows cracked down at all?? he says yes.....gas station attendant gives me this wire kit and I was able to get this mans driver door unlocked.....made his day and made me feel great. I love to help if I can. We all need to BE the CHANGE we wanna see in the world.

siegmund

Absoultly nov I couldnt agree more !! But the world we I live in is fucked , yes we helped therez others that would have beat and robbed the goldmold head xbut thats half the problem , plp are living out 5am of fear and becoming , isolated , so yes it is 100% the change we need but , most are scared , like me and you we dont give a fuck , I been places and survived and was respected because I was feared , fucked up but true , respected because I made a name for me . But we dont care nov were benching half a house and were half nuts you with your , blade and me with my well you know