Common foods; macro and cals

blastthru23

I thought it maybe useful for folks to have this as a quick reference for macro sources. I'm including the macro source, a common measurement (grams, oz, tblsp, or cup), amount of macro per measurement, and total calories. Obviously, this is not an exhaustive list. However, I chose these to reflect a very clean diet, which will be quite easy to prep. It's basically a spring board for simple diet planning. I intentionally excluded leafy vegetables because the macro values are marginal at best, and the carbs are mostly fibrous anyhow. Leafy vegetables ought to be included in every diet plan for fiber and vitamins. Many also have a fair amount of calcium and vitamin C as it turns out.I usually choose cabbage or broccoli because they are very east to prep (boiled) and retain much of their pre-cooked volume after boiling unlike chard, kale or spinach. For me, salad just doesn't cut the mustard leaving me quite unsatisfied; I would have to have a BIG ASS salad to make it worth it. Besides, lettuces are mostly water. That is ultimately my personal preference to not eat salads (plus without dressing, and added root vegetables like beets and carrots, they are rather unappetizing to me).

I used a few different websites to come up with this data, which are whfoods.com, nutritiondata.self.com, myfitnesspal.com, and maybe another that I cannot recall. I found that most nutritional data sites do not have all the foods included. For example whfoods.com did not have coconut oil; strange but true.

Carb Sources

• Russet Potato: Boiled;       100gr (3.5 oz)=20gr carb                  87 cal

• Sweet Potato:  Boiled;       100gr (3.5 oz)=18gr carb                  76 cal

• White Rice:      Cooked;      1 cup=45gr carb                             206 cal

• Brown Rice:     Cooked;      1 cup=45gr carb                             216 cal

• Oats:                Raw;         1/4 cup= 19gr carbs                         109 cal

• Quinoa:            Cooked;      1 cup=39gr carbs (8g Pro)             222cal

Protein Sources

•  Chicken Breast; Baked;   112gr (4 oz.)=24gr pro                       192 cal

•  Egg Whites: Raw;            1 cup= 20gr pro                                 100 cal

•  90% Lean Gr. Beef: Raw 100gr (3.5 oz)=20gr pro (10gr fat)      176 cal

•  Salmon: Raw                    100gr (3.5oz)=20gr pro                      116 cal

Fat Sources

•  Olive Oil:                 1 tbls=14gr fat                                             120 cal

• Coconut oil:             1 tbls=14gr fat                                             120 cal 

• Hemp seeds:            1 oz.=12 gr fat (9 gr pro)                             161 cal

• Peanuts                     37gr (1.3 oz)= 17gr fat (9.5 gr pro)             206 cal

Dolf

Thanks and +2 blast

Not to be nit picky, but since most of us are on the standard scale vs the metric, and our scales read in ounces (at least mine does) could you label the protein in ounces as well...: )

blastthru23

"Hey there fancy pants, give us song give us a dance, play that tune that makes the ladies swoon..." Ween

I put in the standard measurements for all of you who aren't as fancy as I seem to be LOL!

Dolf

I must be a fancy motherfucker too! I looked and mine has a button on the bottom to switch between grams and ounces. It also weighs milk, and water. High falutin!

Dolf

Got mine at Wal-Mart wearing crocs and a wife beater, so that negates the fancy pants status lol!